Glamaig Hill Race

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
Having just moved to Sconser on Skye I thought I'd jog up our neighbouring hill of Glamaig to photo the runners summiting in the annual hill race. The race starts and finishes at our local, The Sligachan. The first photo shows Finlay Wild leaving the summit having arrived miles ahead of the competition. He won the race in just over 46 minutes, a cracking time to go from sea level to 775m and back down. Conditions weren't favourable for photography (nor running) with 40 plus mph winds and drizzle but did make for very atmospheric conditions when the clouds began to part._DSC5870.jpg_DSC5938.jpg_DSC6026-2.jpg

Yes, you are right. Could have been a lot worse and the race could have been cancelled.

Was a tad blowy up there wasn't it! Ha. Have you got any more photos from up there? Remembered seeing a cameraman up the top!

Hi Matt,
yes it was a tad breezy. I assume you were racing. I have lots of photos. Let me know what you were wearing, race number etc and I can see what I have. Didn't get all runners since weather interrupted play a few times but got a fair few so you may be in luck.

Hi! Yes I was running. Brilliant fun if not a bit windy! Haha. I was race number 36 with a white t shirt and red sleeves. That would be brilliant if you had any and would be muchly appreciated! :)

Hi Matt,
there's good and bad news. The good is that I have some photos, the bad is that of the 3, 2 are out of focus. The one of you ascending is fine but the 2 by the cairn are out of focus though it might not notice on these small images. is there anyone else you know who was in it since I have some cracking photos and would like people to see themselves or any forum/website etc. _DSC5910.jpg_DSC5917.jpg_DSC5918.jpg

No worries about them being out of focus, I appreciate your time! If you wanted to share your photos you could try the 'carnethy hill running' club website/fb page? Thanks again though! :)

Back