Critique Glasgow Riverside: Blue Hour Cityscapes

Three superb shots there Steve, cannot think of much to crit with these, maybe on the second one just including the remaining end of the bridge on the left, only a tiny niggle :) the others I love. Fine work.(y)

Reactions: ST4
Cracking set Steve, I think the first one just has the edge for me (y)

Indeed a very fine set, of which #3 marginally edges it for me: hard to put the finger on it precisely, but there is a particularly subtle cohesion of colour, and graphical integrity, about it, IMO.

Blue hour in Glasgow?? Nice to see you've managed to get some green in there too, to keep the other half of Glesga happy:D

Another great set Steve, the blue and green, especially in the first one goes really well and the reflections are excellent.

Blue hour in Glasgow?? Nice to see you've managed to get some green in there too, to keep the other half of Glesga happy:D

Bugger the "other half" ;)

Personally I prefer when it's lit red and the armadillo isn't lit at all. The lights on the armadillo are pretty severe so to avoid blowing them you need to shoot pretty early in the blue hour when there's plenty of ambient light around to keep exposure times low.

Thanks all for commenting. Probably my last set from here for a while

I really like the first one, the green and blue are a great combo! (One of my favourite colour combinations).

I've been up to Glasgow now with work but it was a proper drop in and straight back out day so no time for photography. Maybe another time.

Back