Critique Glasgow Riverside Cityscapes Last Night

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I started off with this one framing the Bells Bridge, Crowne Plaza tower and Armadillo

_DSC4201 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Moved along a bit framing the Armadillo and SSE Hydro.

_DSC4202 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Then moved back a bit

_DSC4205 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The shot I really wanted to take I couldn't as there was scaffolding on some of the flats opposite the Clyde Arc and the view up the riverside was ruined with cranes for the new Raddison Hotel.

Imagine this shot but with these clouds. It'll have to wait until the new hotel is up as its a mess near the Hilton Park Hotel. I would have loved to have pulled it off.

_DSC1912 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Nice set.

1 is taken a fraction early, compared to the rest. It's still a cracking image though.

2 is spot on, the highlight and reflection of it don't distract like you might expect, it just fits the image. A fraction off top and bottom maybe?

3 is lovely but a little tight on the vertical edges.

4 is sublime, love it.

A very nice set, another place on my doorstep I should explore more.

Thanks @Dale.

I agree re 1 - I moped off to find other angles I shoot but due to lighting, cranes etc they weren't to be. When I got back to take it again I struggled to compose as it was so dark.

Re 2, yes, you are right but I like the big sky as I have one thats a wider aspect already.

4 is good but cannot redo as theirs cranes and mess eveywhere.

Very nice set of images well done for getting out and about (y)

Nice set, as said the first is a tad early, but (y)

Nice images Steve, I could have a go at removing the crane for you but to be honest it will probably be quicker to go back and retake the image without it!

Nice set this the last being my favourite!

Back