Critique Glasgow Riverside this AM - Colours and BNW

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
I've been in Glasgow all day and never saw you.

Literally just seen the black and white briefly on Facebook.. Stunning stunning stunning,

Oh did I say stunning? :D

Reactions: ST4
I'm just back to the hotel from having a curry in Paisley.

Nice pics by the way.

Aye, I'm off to bed soon too. I think I could be up early as well (several times likely) I had a Phall at the Indian;)

2nd one is my favourite Steve, looks nice and peaceful. Don't envy you heading out early tomorrow it's freezing here just now.

"Excellent" set of images Steve, well composed and those reflections push all the right buttons.(y)

George.

for me, colour on both accounts. emphasises the quality of the photo's
:agree:

I'ma a mono fan but the colours just add something here.

Would like to see No 4 with a slight horizontal grad filter applied to slightly tone down the brightness

Love your images

Great shots Steve. Can't believe I missed these.
Although I do like the B&W ones, I prefer the colour.

love these shots!

Is it literally just a case of having to wait for still water or are you doing some composite trickery to get the reflections so perfect?

Might have to give something like this a try near me

love these shots!

Is it literally just a case of having to wait for still water or are you doing some composite trickery to get the reflections so perfect?

Might have to give something like this a try near me

There is a science needed.

Basically you need 3 specific factors to get images like this and you need them all at the same time

1. Good weather
2. No winds or winds below 3mph
3. Slack water from low tide or preferably high tide.

These 3 have to combine around 1hr before sunrise or 1hr after. It's tricky given our climate to get these images.

I give 121 workshops and for the purpose of these I explain the logic in much more depth on my blog/tutorials

http://www.sftphotography.co.uk/glasgow-121-photography-courses-locations-glasgow-riverside/

I guess I could do it in post but I look at forecasts and tide tables and just got for it when these 3 factors combine.

Last edited:
:agree:

I'ma a mono fan but the colours just add something here.

Would like to see No 4 with a slight horizontal grad filter applied to slightly tone down the brightness

Love your images

Funnily enough I've ended up binning that b&w, I tried a few different approaches with curves and colour channels afterwards and none worked.

Tbh I'm happiest with the colour version of the second and b&w of the first.

Back