Glen Affric

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
After 8 days up around Sutherland we decided to head down Glen Affric on the way home.

Now tree stuff, I struggle with, wether it's my whole OCD thing, all I usually see is a scene of mess. I've dabbled a few times with zero success. When you look up to the likes of Mark Littlejohn when it comes to this type of thing, it's a struggle.

Relatively happy with these, the first especially....but I'm open to constructive crit, as it's so far outside my comfort zone I don't really know what makes a good 'woodland' photograph, but feel the conditions we got were great, but some mist would have been nice :D

Glen Affric trees 1 by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Glen Affric trees 2 by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Glen Affric 3 by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Good effort if you find woodland difficult. :)

It feels like the contrast is a bit too high with these, but especially 2 & 3, and some tonal taming could bring out warmth and detail, plus Flickr compression has smeared a lot of detail away. Hope that's useful.

Good effort if you find woodland difficult. :)

It feels like the contrast is a bit too high with these, but especially 2 & 3, and some tonal taming could bring out warmth and detail, plus Flickr compression has smeared a lot of detail away. Hope that's useful.

Thank you Toni...I know what you mean about the contrast...that's the one thing I really struggle with when doing this sort of thing, as I generally like contrasty landscapes, I think I process this type of shot the same way, and need to tone it down. :)

I love that first one! Superb!

Thank you Graham :)

I like the first one Martin although I do feel the gaps in the canvas are distracting, looking at it I reckon a crop would look miles better imo.

Thank you Neil, I'll take a look at it over the weekend and give it another go :)

Back