Glen Etive Red Deer Stag.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
Despite quite a few trips now to Glencoe/Glen Etive, I'm yet to see properly, let alone photograph a stag. I've seen and heard quite a few in the distance but never near enough for an image. I have been quite envious of some images of stags from the area. I had a landscape lens on, my 24-105, as that's what you do in Glen Etive and this image was taken with that lens. A respectful distance was kept, no hand feeding here. The light was really fading by now, so I was at F4, ISO 6400 and still only got 1/50 sec. Hand held.

I'll take it for now but next time, hopefully better light.

tp.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh Les, that's a beauty. A wild stag sighting is always good and you made a really nice image.

Jealous of the access you have to this wonderful area. I've seen some pretty amazing scenery in my time but Glencoe is right up near the top.

And I've never even seen any deer out there but a friend of mine went once and got a brilliant phone shot of a stag standing right by a sign about deer that had an image of a stag on it. It was standing in the exact same position. He couldn't have set it up any better if he tried.

Lots of luck involved huh?

:)

Ahh Les, that's a beauty. A wild stag sighting is always good and you made a really nice image.

Jealous of the access you have to this wonderful area. I've seen some pretty amazing scenery in my time but Glencoe is right up near the top.

And I've never even seen any deer out there but a friend of mine went once and got a brilliant phone shot of a stag standing right by a sign about deer that had an image of a stag on it. It was standing in the exact same position. He couldn't have set it up any better if he tried.

Lots of luck involved huh?

:)

Erm... Dale?

Who the hump is Les?

Sorry mate, saw Les above and my brain couldn't manage to go any further!

:D

Excellent shot!

Always nice to see animals in landscape so this ticks my box, well done.

Back