Glen Etive Stags

I like the second one. Be nice to see it with less of a crop to see his outlook. 3rd one too if it's a nice setting

Thanks. Unfortunately these haven't been cropped very much at all - the deer were all within 10m of the car and I only had a 70-200mm and 80-400 to hand as I wasn't expecting them to be so close!

Thanks. Unfortunately these haven't been cropped very much at all - the deer were all within 10m of the car and I only had a 70-200mm and 80-400 to hand as I wasn't expecting them to be so close!

Wow, I,ll just enjoy them as they are then. I don't suppose a wider angle lens was much considered to go shoot deer haha

Love the first 2..... 2nd one it's gorgeous, I agree regarding crop but I see you've already commented about that. :D

Nice lighting on all of them..

Wow, I,ll just enjoy them as they are then. I don't suppose a wider angle lens was much considered to go shoot deer haha

No it wasn't. They were so close at one point that a stag stuck it's head through the car window!

Love the first 2..... 2nd one it's gorgeous, I agree regarding crop but I see you've already commented about that. :D

Nice lighting on all of them..

Thanks for commenting :)

Great shots, especially number 2, very good!

Great shots, especially number 2, very good!

+1

…though the rendition of #3 is not at the same level.
A suggestion… (you could do better with the RAW file)

Glen%20Etive%20Stagspp.jpg

Thanks for the comments folks. I agree looking at no.3 that it could be better. Will have another go at the RAW file.

Thanks. Some were quite tame as they weren't phased by our presence at all but others were rather shifty around us. I suppose it comes down to how hungry they are too.

Can i ask where about in Glen Etive did you take the pix

Hi, it was maybe around 5 miles up the road towards the loch. We must have spotted at least 50 deer on the way up to this point however.

These are great shots and magnificent beasts. Especially like the second one, it has a true 'Monarch of the Glen' look about it, brilliant to see.

Back