Glencoe, 770 miles, 26 hours

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided to have a bash at this Glencoe lark, but rather than be sensible and stop over somewhere, thought I'd try and do it in a day... :D

I'd been watching the forecast for a few days and saw that there was rain/snow forecast for Monday and Tuesday but Wednesday looked sweet. Figured the rain would be snow in Glencoe, at least on the tops anyway so set off Tuesday evening at 8pm. Arrived in Glencoe at about 4am. I was after the 'done to death' pano of the Buachaille but I think I ascended the wrong part so I fluffed it. Brilliant. :LOL: the snow was waist deep in parts and pretty tiring to trudge through, especially considering I'm off work with a bad back and sciatica. :rolleyes: The doctor did say to exercise it as much as possible though. :ROFLMAO: Shot through until about 2pm at which point the cloud rolled in and I decided to call it a day and head home. Torrential rain on the way home caused some flash flooding so hitting that at 60mph just added to the fun of the day. Safe to say I was ready for bed. Still have some more to process but these are my picks so far.

#1 - blue hour

Glencoe 2017 by -David Raynham-

#2 - rescued something from the pano attempt

#4 - A cool -6.5c

Glencoe 2017 - Explored by -David Raynham-

#5 - Fleeting light

#6 - Storm brewing

#7 - Incoming

C&C welcome as always.

So... where to next month? :D

Last edited:
Some super shots there. Really took me back to when I lived in the north of Scotland. 5 is my stand out favorite closely followed by 4.
Thanks for sharing.

Some nice images, you are a bit mad though!

I think image 5 is my favourite

Last edited:
Cracking set of images David. What a difference a few days make hey. Was only 3-4 days earlier we were enduring the persistent rain dreaming of conditions like this :rolleyes::)

Cracking set and well worth the effort. I love the 1st image and I'm going to be a bit different and pick that as my favourite, closely followed by the 2nd image. They both have some dramatic scale going on and I think the best light of the set.

#7 is my favorite, such a wide angle and you capture so much detail. You must have had such a great time taking these.

Lovely images , a grand reward for all that driving , no 1 then 2 my favourites for the beautiful colours you captured.

1 and 2 are the keepers. Yes, you aren't quite in the right place for "the" shot but its actually nicer. 2 I think is especially nice, yes I have seen it done before, but not with such a lovely colour pallate.

The others aren't quite hitting my buttons and TBH aren't up to your usual standard or the standard of the 1st two. Understandable in a way after such an epic trip/

Went on a TP meet recently and amazing place.

I produced a similar one to #2 but in B&W.

Of the set it's #5 for me, wonderful lead in and the width of the road covering the lower border works for me.

Cheers.

A good collection of shots from one days outing there.

Thanks Scott. Wish I knew the area half as well as you!

Wow. Love the shots, but that's a fair degree of self-abuse for your art. ;)

Haha, yes, I felt it for a day or two afterwards. I do like a bit of self abuse though ;)

Great set of shots.

Cheers pal.

I like no 5. well composed.

Thanks Peter.

Some super shots there. Really took me back to when I lived in the north of Scotland. 5 is my stand out favorite closely followed by 4.
Thanks for sharing.

Glad it fondled a few memories for you Simon.

Bit risky if you ask me.

Lovely collection David, hope the sciatica isn't giving you too much pain

Yes, very risky but my Matalan joggers saw me through.

It wasn't at the time but it's got me good now. :(

Good reward David for a days photography and driving.

Thanks Paul. Initially I was disappointed having not bagged the shot I wanted but on reflection it was quite successful.

Some nice images, you are a bit mad though!

I think image 5 is my favourite

Remember when we thought we were mad for considering Southwold? :LOL:

Lovely images David, really like the second one that's a cracker

Thanks Stuart. Full credit to Matty for putting me onto this shot, I'd overlooked it tbh but it's now one of my faves too. Lol.

Cracking set of images David. What a difference a few days make hey. Was only 3-4 days earlier we were enduring the persistent rain dreaming of conditions like this :rolleyes::)

Haha, I saw the thread of pics. Didn't realise there was a TP meet taking place... I kinda make a habit of that. I think there was actually too much snow for my liking. I much prefer snowy peaks rather than the whole shebang.

Excellent work

Thank you.

Cracking set and well worth the effort. I love the 1st image and I'm going to be a bit different and pick that as my favourite, closely followed by the 2nd image. They both have some dramatic scale going on and I think the best light of the set.

The early morning light very subdued. A bank of cloud kinda covered it for a few hours. The dawn hues were lovely though. Thanks for your comments.

#7 is my favorite, such a wide angle and you capture so much detail. You must have had such a great time taking these.

Yeah it was a great day. Enjoyed a nice couple of hours just wandering and then had lunch down in Glen Etive. Had a walk out into the loch to get a few shots also... the water was a little chilly to say the least. :LOL:

Lovely images , a grand reward for all that driving , no 1 then 2 my favourites for the beautiful colours you captured.

Thanks mate. You have to really try to take a bad shot tbh. I did manage quite a few though. :rolleyes:

Really like the first two images, mate.

Such a great place.

It is. It's my first visit but can't wait to visit again. Roll on the midges...

1 and 2 are the keepers. Yes, you aren't quite in the right place for "the" shot but its actually nicer. 2 I think is especially nice, yes I have seen it done before, but not with such a lovely colour pallate.

The others aren't quite hitting my buttons and TBH aren't up to your usual standard or the standard of the 1st two. Understandable in a way after such an epic trip/

Thanks Stephen, glad you like the first two. I don't think I have a standard for the others to be compared to though :LOL:

A cracking set of images, well done.Images 1 & 2 for me.

Thank you pick

Great set mate

Cheers dude. Not quite up there with your latest one though. ;)

Went on a TP meet recently and amazing place.

I produced a similar one to #2 but in B&W.

Of the set it's #5 for me, wonderful lead in and the width of the road covering the lower border works for me.

Cheers.

I think I saw your mono shot Andy. The bit of cloud moving across was a nice touch.

Must admit #5 works really well for me in mono. It didn't have nearly as much impact aIn colour.

Thanks everyone, wasn't expecting such a great response. Makes me want to go on another jolly. I'll probably wait until I can actually walk though to do that. :LOL:

You did well! Lovelyt set with gorgeous colours. I'd keep the bad back bit quiet if I were you - you don't want anyone thinking that you can work if you can hoik yourself up a mountain at 4am!

You did well! Lovelyt set with gorgeous colours. I'd keep the bad back bit quiet if I were you - you don't want anyone thinking that you can work if you can hoik yourself up a mountain at 4am!

Haha, well it was good for about 4 days last week but then on Sunday I twisted and it put me on my arse again. Been knackered ever since. :rolleyes:

Thanks for stopping by.

I had to come back and look again, 5 just gets better and better for me!

How come you didn't do any posing for these :)

Back