Critique Glencoe - a few from my recent trip(s)

I don't remember you putting up three pics with a middle horizon before. :)
Nice pics, good colour, lighting and subject.

Epic mate. Nailed'em, (although i'd lose the object in the water on the bottom left on 2, and the grass in the water on the left in 3).

Reactions: ST4
I'm coming up there soon - nice to see some natural landscape higher than 10 feet.

Yep, I would agree number 1 is the pick of the three - great light, colours and reflection.

Just had a look on Flickr, and I would have sworn it wasn't as wide as 21mm! Did you crop at all? Out of interest.

Just had a look on Flickr, and I would have sworn it wasn't as wide as 21mm! Did you crop at all? Out of interest.

None. You really need something like 15mm here. Its so high, you are so low and the lake isn't that big and to frame both reflection and hill without anything being cut off needs a really wide lens. Normally 21mm is more than wide enough for me, but as I love this spot I am on the look out for a Zeiss 18mm or 15mm zeiss

Havent been there for a couple of years Steve, be on my way soon!

None. You really need something like 15mm here. Its so high, you are so low and the lake isn't that big and to frame both reflection and hill without anything being cut off needs a really wide lens. Normally 21mm is more than wide enough for me, but as I love this spot I am on the look out for a Zeiss 18mm or 15mm zeiss
Good to know, should I ever find my way up here. It's a cracking shot tho!

I've a soft spot for for number 2 bud - Garbh Bheinn (Ardgour) in the background is a favourite of mine.

Your determination in finding the best light is impressive, this is another good set from you. No1 stands out for the lovely light on the mountain tops which contrasts really well with the blue of the sky. I just feels its a little tight in the frame and could do with more space.

Nice set Steve. No2 is my pick of the bunch.

Your determination in finding the best light is impressive, this is another good set from you. No1 stands out for the lovely light on the mountain tops which contrasts really well with the blue of the sky. I just feels its a little tight in the frame and could do with more space.

It could. My widest lens is 21mm and it's uncropped. @daugirdas was here too, but with a 16-35. I'd be curious to see what he's russled up

Beautiful Steve, that light is just stunning. Its No1 for me, that golden light cutting across the ridges and the snow capped peak peeping through the col, then the whole thing mimicked in the reflection, glorious!
No2 lovely sky, like the contrast between the fluted dark and light reflection in the water. Think I'd have that distracting piece of weed out bottom left

1 & 3 for me. Lovely colours and reflections. 3 just edges it IMHO.

The first one is divine, really good light, and the peak with a touch of snow is a lovely contrast to the warm rich colour of the rest of the scene.
There's some great colour in the second, and I don't mind the floater on the bottom left.
The third doesnt move me, while the light is nice enough, the scene doesn't work. Theres some great light on a hill that we can't see, and the eye gets drawn to the gloomy peak to the left, which is too dark to hold interest.

Three really "Excellent" shots Steve, the lighting in #2 makes this my fav'.(y)

George.

These are just awesome. My favourite kind of photos from one of my favourite places. I have no idea how I'll ever be able to take shots like these. Thanks for posting.

Steve

Good set with #1 the pick of the bunch for me. Wish I was up there!

All stunners.

These are lovely, especially the colours in no. 1. It's years since I have been to Glencoe, I really must make the trip.

Very nice pictures. Nice to see genuine landscapes and not those heavily Photoshopped. Excellent.

Very nice pictures. Nice to see genuine landscapes and not those heavily Photoshopped. Excellent.

This tickled me, pp wise I do as little as possible but as much as neccessary and beleive in the rubbish in, rubbish out approach. Get the lighting and subject matter, and using a camera is not difficult and it all falls into place.

Back