Glencoe and Glen Etive

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
They are very you and not at all me. I remember seeing your Instagram post/story about heading up and it was like the wettest most miserable day of the month. I thought rather him than me :D. I'd been out earlier that week when it was lovely and still.

Still - they're green :D :D Embrace the green :D and loving the colours here.

1st shot I even like. I suspect some of those grasses though won't be still and might have motion blur - that's a no no in my world but not perhaps in everyone elses. The composition is mega and the processing is nice.
2. Sorry mate - roads in pictures aren't for me - once upon a time maybe but not now. Others will go wild for this though.
3. Working well. If I was out on that wretched day I'd have been quite happy to drive that home with me.

Last edited:
Nice moody set Martin 2 is my fave

Love these Martin - lovely pics of one of my favourite places, particularly like to road - and nice to see pics from up there that don't involve adding to the photographer created mud bath between the road and the waterfall

These are all good, but especially like no.2 - it's just a little bit different to the norm and the lighting on the tarmac makes it!
Many people would just drive along here and the thought of taking a photograph would never enter their head!

They are very you and not at all me. I remember seeing your Instagram post/story about heading up and it was like the wettest most miserable day of the month. I thought rather him than me :D. I'd been out earlier that week when it was lovely and still.

Still - they're green :D :D Embrace the green :D and loving the colours here.

1st shot I even like. I suspect some of those grasses though won't be still and might have motion blur - that's a no no in my world but not perhaps in everyone elses. The composition is mega and the processing is nice.
2. Sorry mate - roads in pictures aren't for me - once upon a time maybe but not now. Others will go wild for this though.
3. Working well. If I was out on that wretched day I'd have been quite happy to drive that home with me.

I woke up in the car as I went up the night before, to howling wind and rain, and strangely thought of you...I knew for sure I wouldn't see you that day mate haha! Thanks :)

I really like how you've caught the feeling of the weather, Martin, and image 2 is superb.
Great moody images! :)
Nice moody set Martin 2 is my fave
Number 2 is superb as already said above.

But they're all good.
These are all good, but especially like no.2 - it's just a little bit different to the norm and the lighting on the tarmac makes it!
Many people would just drive along here and the thought of taking a photograph would never enter their head!

Thank you folks, much appreciated :)

Love these Martin - lovely pics of one of my favourite places, particularly like to road - and nice to see pics from up there that don't involve adding to the photographer created mud bath between the road and the waterfall

Thanks David. I cannot think of anything worse than going to take that shot anymore. I think it was about 4 years ago I last took it and it was bad enough then!

It's the one with the road for me Martin, despite what I said about your other take on that view! : )

The road shot is excellent and as the small and perfectly formed Scott said it has just the right amount of light and dark.

I like the look of that river in the third - might there be a shot in a similar location using just the river and the way it winds into the landscape - in much the same way as you've used the road in the first pic?

The road shot is excellent and as the small and perfectly formed Scott said it has just the right amount of light and dark.

I like the look of that river in the third - might there be a shot in a similar location using just the river and the way it winds into the landscape - in much the same way as you've used the road in the first pic?

Thanks Mark, much appreciated mate.

I think the river certainly has potential from that spot yeah, it was just too wet to think about venturing any further and the light vanished so quickly, but next time it's definitely worth a good look as it's a spot I hadn't stopped or noticed before.

Back