Glencoe and Isle of Skye

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
A planned trip to Glencoe and Isle of Skye last week. Memorable for being grim and hardly any snow on the ground and sadly no mist or fog. Plenty of hours standing in the rain and still enjoying what the weather gods dished me up. There was some brief splashes of light so it wasn't a complete wash out.

Anyway here we go with a couple along the Etive road and up a mound, which I purposely shot in b+w and processed to show the mood of the place and how I felt.

A miserable day at Glen Etive by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Moody Glencoe by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

And then boom, the sun popped out behind the clouds and briefly and fiercely lit up the ridge of the Buachaille Etive Mor.

Sun rays on the Buachaille Etive Mor ridge by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Then to Isle of Skye to the Fairy Pools, sadly a lack of water so I opted for a tight shot of one of the falls which hopefully showed the beautiful colours of the water and the rocks.

The colours of the Fairy Pools, Isle of Skye by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Lastly to Neist Point for sunset, which briefly lit up the rocks and lighthouse before it disappeared behind a bank of cloud for the day.

Last colours on Neist Point, Isle of Skye by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Loving the contrast and tones in those two mono shots and the rest are very good

#1 (Glenetive) is a wonderfully atmospheric image in my opinion, and a most effective composition. It's the stand-out for me:clap:

#1 (Glenetive) is a wonderfully atmospheric image in my opinion, and a most effective composition. It's the stand-out for me:clap:

Thanks Doggel, I’m glad it came across as that. Sometimes it feels harder for me to translate it to an image.

The B&W's are not for me, too gritty, dark and contrasty and to my eye aren't up there with the level of your work. .

The others don't work for me as compositions but the last is really rather splendid in terms of light, composition and processing. It has a lovely restful mood and is easily one of the best pictures of Neist Point out there.

“Excellent” set of images, with the two mono shots being my fav’s.(y)

George.

Just to add, that opening image has, what I would call, a dirty black and white look to it that I really like :)

Thanks again Gareth

The B&W's are not for me, too gritty, dark and contrasty and to my eye aren't up there with the level of your work.

The others don't work for me as compositions but the last is really rather splendid in terms of light, composition and processing. It has a lovely restful mood and is easily one of the best pictures of Neist Point out there.

Thanks Steve, funny enough I did think of you when I stood up on a mound opposite the Three Sisters looking down the valley in the rain, blowing a gale and a brown foreground and in reality not a lot going on. Sadly I booked this months ago so tried to make the best of what was there. Still enjoyable though.

Very nice images. I particularly like the gritty B&W ones, lovely contrast.

Thanks Birdy :)

A good set here. Particularly like the first with the last one being a close 2nd.

Cheers Roger, glad you like them.

“Excellent” set of images, with the two mono shots being my fav’s.(y)

George.

Thanks, as always George, appreciate that.

Great set Paul. Those black and whites look so much better on Flickr, very nice indeed - would look great printed large.

Every one of those is pleasing, but I find the last one really special.
The colour palette in the top half is beautiful.

A planned trip to Glencoe and Isle of Skye last week. Memorable for being grim and hardly any snow on the ground and sadly no mist or fog. Plenty of hours standing in the rain and still enjoying what the weather gods dished me up. There was some brief splashes of light so it wasn't a complete wash out.

Anyway here we go with a couple along the Etive road and up a mound, which I purposely shot in b+w and processed to show the mood of the place and how I felt.

And then boom, the sun popped out behind the clouds and briefly and fiercely lit up the ridge of the Buachaille Etive Mor.

Then to Isle of Skye to the Fairy Pools, sadly a lack of water so I opted for a tight shot of one of the falls which hopefully showed the beautiful colours of the water and the rocks.

Lastly to Neist Point for sunset, which briefly lit up the rocks and lighthouse before it disappeared behind a bank of cloud for the day.

Lovely set of images

Nice work Paul.

Back