SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
The weather has been incredible over the last couple of weeks. Here are a few shots taken during what has been the best spell of weather since May which was also pretty awesome. This summer has to the best one I can recall and such a treat after such a long, horrible and drawn out winter.

Torren Lochan (taken from the little island)

_DSC3658 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

The very last of the light at the banks of the Torren Lochan

_DSC3689 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Sunset on the River Coe (taken this a few times this year but this is the one I am happiest with)

_DSC3701 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Buachaille Etive Mor (one from last Tuesdays workshop where it was exceptionally still :D)

_DSC3752 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Sunrise at Lochan na Fola

_DSC3722 (1) by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Just before the harsh light at Lochan na Fola

_DSC3741 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Some stunning shots Steve

2nd and 5th are my picks but 3 is not doing it for me

Edited to correct my comment

Last edited:
Sunset on the river Coe for me,
going up on Sunday for a couple of days, maybe bump into you somewhere.:snaphappy:

2, 4 and 5 are doing it for me out of this set. Been lovely conditions up that way of late huh

Honestly dude - it's been a gift from god. It's been the most amazing summer I can recall. I never want this to end :D

Sunset on the river Coe for me,
going up on Sunday for a couple of days, maybe bump into you somewhere.:snaphappy:

Quite possibly. I drive a white lexus gs on a private plate if you do see me pop a wave.

Good stuff Steve, im heading through tonight to try for a sunset, a few hours sleep in the van then might be lucky for a sunrise in the morning- i can but hope.

Thanks. It’s been a most enjoyable time. I’ll be posting more in the coming week(S).

Tomorrow am looks mint btw with very very little winds. Hopefully some light will appear and boom job done. Don’t bother with any falls, there aren’t any as the rivers nearly dried up.

Tonight might be a tad windier so holding out heading up.

Went to Torren Lochan about an hour ago. Was ok with very little ripple. There is a new couple taken over the lease and are teaching wakeboarding on the lochan. Was only able to get reflection shots when they went round the bend out of site but a slight ripple remained. At Castle Stalker now then time for a sleep in the van.

Went to Torren Lochan about an hour ago. Was ok with very little ripple. There is a new couple taken over the lease and are teaching wakeboarding on the lochan. Was only able to get reflection shots when they went round the bend out of site but a slight ripple remained. At Castle Stalker now then time for a sleep in the van.

Bugger. This does not bode well for summer evenings. So far I have been ok.

Meant to say i drove past Lochan na Fola and its almost dried up, more like a puddle now.

These were last week. I checked it out Thursday night at it was even lower than when I took these. Lochan na h-Achlaise is quite low and a lot of the spots I use where I "know" the foreground are out of use as there's some unslightly muddy banks. The distant 50:50 reflection from the gap near the crash barrier on the bend (you know the one as you shoot from here too) will work ok if it is very still.

All to a very high quality, and obviously scenes you enjoying photographing.

Really like the light in 5 but the composition of 6 just to be awkward!

Back