Glencoe last night

A few years ago I remember struggling with both the light and the colour of the rocks by falls under the Three Sisters; you've definitely done better than I did. Looks like you had the classic bright sky/dark ground issue to solve?

A few years ago I remember struggling with both the light and the colour of the rocks by falls under the Three Sisters; you've definitely done better than I did. Looks like you had the classic bright sky/dark ground issue to solve?

Not too bad in technical terms. It was pretty late on in the evening and the sun wasn’t out so there wasn’t masses of contrast in the scene. I used a soft 2 stop grad to assist.

I know the falls you mean. I was there the other day but the flow in the river wasn’t right.

Is that the falls that are near the Clachaig Inn.?

Last edited:
were you standing in the middle of the river ?

I was further up the river about 5ish, not much water in river.This spot might be good when the river is flowing fast.
cl3.jpg

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 9
That "fail" outstrips most people's wins, Steve.
It's a delightful shot.

I was further up the river about 5ish, not much water in river.This spot might be good when the river is flowing fast.
View attachment 127697

The first spot you can see the road and the various signs for the junction plus a passing place one.

The second spot though with you in it looks worthy of a shoot.

Reckon after the rain I’ll be back. This morning was a complete win but it’s breaking down today/tomorrow

The image I posted reckon autumn will work, the sunset will light the Aoneach Egach up which it doesn’t do in the summer months so well

Back