Glencoe Lochan

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Good news, with all this rain it looks like Glencoe Lochan will be back to its full capacity.They are still working on the sluices but the opportunity of getting reflection shots is back.All we need is a bit of snow on the mountain tops.Sorry about the over processing,picture taken with my wee compact cameraIMG_0052a.jpg

Nice to water back in it, a very lovely place to be on its day.

Lovely shot. One of my favourite places I've ever been. And I love the back story about it being landscaped to look like Canada by the owner at the time so his Canadian wife didn't get too homesick.

Regarding it being back to full capacity, have their been specific issues with it or just yet more evidence that we've killed the environment?

Lovely shot. One of my favourite places I've ever been. And I love the back story about it being landscaped to look like Canada by the owner at the time so his Canadian wife didn't get too homesick.

Regarding it being back to full capacity, have their been specific issues with it or just yet more evidence that we've killed the environment?

I think that was the Torren Lochan that was made for the Canadian wife but I could be wrong.

I suspect it was drained rather than the full Greta effect

it is back to full capacity after they drained the Lochan repaired the sluices,and repairs to the pond at the bottom of the clachan

The lochan is set in what was the grounds of the home of the Earl of Strathcona who was, for a while, the governor general of Canada. He brought back with him his Canadian wife who became a little homesick so he landscaped the whole area around the house to look like the Canadian Rockies. Some visitors have commented that the area around the lochan looks like a miniature Lake Louise in British Columbia.
IMG_0662.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    328.3 KB · Views: 18
it is back to full capacity after they drained the Lochan repaired the sluices,and repairs to the pond at the bottom of the clachan

The lochan is set in what was the grounds of the home of the Earl of Strathcona who was, for a while, the governor general of Canada. He brought back with him his Canadian wife who became a little homesick so he landscaped the whole area around the house to look like the Canadian Rockies. Some visitors have commented that the area around the lochan looks like a miniature Lake Louise in British Columbia.
View attachment 265180

Thanks for the info and clarification Allan. It looks very sad drained like that. Glad it's back to better health and I'm jealous you have access to this wonderful location. One of my favourite memories is of a morning my better half and I spent here. Nothing in the way of sunrise, just moody skies but it was amazing to have the place to ourselves for a couple of hours. Just us and the ducks. Perfect!

:)

Looks a lovely place but it’s the vapour trail that’s killing it. I’d clone it out and you’d have quite a pretty shot

Love this image. Aparently that there loch was man-made by a guy trying to make it look like Canada because his wife was home sick. There ye go ;) haha.

Back