weekly gman's 52 for 2020 - Week 46 Narrow

Nice pano there, looks a lovely spot for a bit of personal time.

I wonder if you could have pulled a bit more detail out of the sky.
It's a good letter box crop,

I wonder if you could have pulled a bit more detail out of the sky.
It's a good letter box crop,

I've been doing my panos, including this one, in Photoshop so losing the RAW data. But I recently realised that I can stitch them in LR and have a subsequent pano in RAW to play with. I did try this again but there didn't seem to be much more I could pull out of it without making it look artificial.

I'll maybe have another look though. Thanks.

Week 30 Graceful

Just back from holiday and I'm insanely busy with work so time has been exceptionally rare for me just now - apologies for my lack of input with other people's photos.

I might be pushing it a little here, but hey, their tagline was Grace, Space and Pace so I'm going to ride it for my week 30! :D It's far from a shot I'm happy with and I had some excellent scenic options I could have chosen whilst on holiday but at the moment it's all I have.

Jaguar - Graceful.jpg

Last edited:
Great take on the theme I had a similar thought due to the advertising tag line.

But I planned to photograph something a little older sadly with the weather and work I never got chance to ask dad to get the old one our of the garage.

This is an image for my 2018 52 challenge.

WEEK 17 Beautiful (1 of 1) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

For me I'd prefer this to the E-Type :eek:

Nice! I do love Jaguar cars and they are thankfully becoming more reliable.

They are now sadly they went through a stage of being rubbish whilst under the ownership of Ford.

Dad's owned this since the late eighties early nineties and has very little trouble with it. He's been all over the place with it.

They are now sadly they went through a stage of being rubbish whilst under the ownership of Ford.

Dad's owned this since the late eighties early nineties and has very little trouble with it. He's been all over the place with it.

Aye there's plenty of FoMoCo parts in the XF, but it has been surprisingly reliable. Some silly inherent design flaws though, which really shouldn't happen with a manufacturer who has so much experience and heritage - unless it was Ford interference (reminds me of SAAB and GM). At the least Jaguar should offer a free fix, but they shamefully don't give a toss.

Thanks for the comments. I promise I'll get round to reciprocal comments when time permits.

A neat little shoe horn Graham (y)

Signs - Both great ideas... apart from the idea of ever getting a cat to do something to order [emoji23]
This works really well for both Signs and Juxtaposition

Personal - Nice panorama and connection

Graceful - well you can’t deny it fits the theme when the text is there [emoji4]

Last edited:
Graceful works for me, great shot.

Week 31 Static

It was either this or using a little electric static wand thing on some hair. :)

Static.jpg

Spooky - reminds me of the film RING!

Thanks and I promise I'll find some time to spend with everyone else's photos.

Hi Graham

Interesting take on the theme, I haven't seen static like that on a TV in ages, you really must upgrade to a smart TV;)

The PP works well as well.

Pete

Static .... Their heeere ;)
Great take on the theme Graham

Thanks for the comments, first choice was my daughter's hair but it didn't work out. As for achieving this static, turned out to be impossible with my TV because even with the aerial out it would just be black with "no reception" message showing. Grrr.

Ended up using YouTube on the TV to play some static. :)

Week 32 Pattern

Well it had to be my kilt of course, although rather boring to be honest.

Kilt.jpg

Graceful - Yeah, quite like that actually. The mono processing really works. It could easily be a real advert.
Static - The blur reminds me of the effect I get with my lensbaby (which I get moaned at for...), so I like it :)
Pattern - Could be worse - wait until you see my 'effort' for pattern!

Nothing wrong with patterns at all - although the bright background is a little distracting. I wonder if a close up of just the pattern itself would work?

Nice tartan Graham :)

shame it wasn't a selfie with you wearing it.
Don't you start encouraging others, I've having enough trouble as it is, trying to keep @Fuji Dave from posting selfies.
:D

Back