weekly gman's 52 for 2020 - Week 46 Narrow

Good idea , I am still trying to think what to do with artificial light. Processing has worked well.

The artificial light bit was the easy part for me, if it's not sunlight then it's artificial! lol

It is certainly separated from the background, but bordering on over exposed maybe (but not quite).
An awful lot of noise in the oof areas. Processed like that?

Aye the processing lifted things and I had to claw some of it back or it would have been worse. The ISO is some insane value, hence the noise. Although I think I added a touch of film grain.

It's not really anything to be proud of, a grab shot in the rain at the last minute. I'm planning on making more effort with this week's challenge, if I can find the time.

Week 39 Autumn

Culzean Castle pond. Perhaps one of few good days we have left this year.

Culzean Castle - Pond.jpg

Lovely Pano Graham. (y)
And yes I also fear that the summer is done for the year :(

Lovely Pano Graham. (y)
And yes I also fear that the summer is done for the year :(

Thanks, I had to push myself to take the camera out rather than just the phone camera, but I always end up glad that I did. I rarely see anyone these days with a DSLR in public.

The problem I now have with panos is every time I go to edit I wish I had a 200mm+ lens instead for doing them. Fortunately, a fixed lens will be fine as being a pano framing doesn't matter so much and it can also be manual focus, so hopefully that will open up a wider range of inexpensive options.

Nice pano :)

I just looked at this again and something has gone wrong somewhere. I'm not sure if I was just tired or if I'm still getting used to the monitor but this is more like what I was aiming for. Just a little softer on the eye.

Culzean Castle - Pond 3 resized.jpg

Autumn
The second edit is a lot more colourful, the sky really stands out well and the reflection is a lot stronger.

Second edit for me too. Lovely hint of the colour change and nice symmetrical composition.

I'm not entirely sure what your wet is, but the intense blue almost gives the impression of being under water.

Corona is definitely topical - I recently hosted a barbecue for the folks I work with (outside - well within the rules of out here, etc!!) and had a case of Corona on standby. I was rather dissapointed that none of them took it on...

I'm not entirely sure what your wet is, but the intense blue almost gives the impression of being under water.

Corona is definitely topical - I recently hosted a barbecue for the folks I work with (outside - well within the rules of out here, etc!!) and had a case of Corona on standby. I was rather dissapointed that none of them took it on...

Haha I know what you mean about Corona, I even heard that sales in America plummeted. Just wow eh?

The water is the shower with lots of crazy processing!

Thanks for commenting.

Week 42 Food

Terrible quality, but I was pushing my phone to its limits.

Week 42 Food.jpg

Lovely use of DOF Graham.

Food, amazing what you can get out of Phones these days, I actually made a call with mine today.

Sharp - really like this one, Dof works well as does the monochrome colours.

Pete

Nice use of DOF, good lighting.

A nice set of images. I particularly like the tones and dof in your sharp image. It has a lovely sense of movement.

Week 44 Digital Age

My son in his natural habitat

Week 44 Digital Age.jpg

Hi Graham

Right on Theme, Its been a long time since I have played a computer game, but i'm eyeing up the New MS Flight Simulator, I will need a much better PC to play it on, but when AMD release the next gen Ryzen, I 'm hoping on the current ones dropping in price.

Pete

Good idea for the theme, relays what the 'digital age' that we live in can be. I like the PP on this, which also fits the theme well.

Very good composition shows the theme very well.

Bang on theme and nicely shot. Makes quite an atmospheric image.

Back