Midlands Gnarly Old Trees - Padley Gorge

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for advice on where to find the gnarly old trees at Padley Gorge if anyone can help please?

I've been to Padley Gorge a number of times but mostly stayed in the bottom up and down the brook. When I visit Padley, I go into the brook at the Grindleford cafe end, walk past the cafe and into the woods that way. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Come out of the road from the station/cafe and turn left up the hill, keep going until the woodland stops and you see a lay by on the left, park there and you will see the stile and the path leading to the top of the wood. Explore the area.
Hope this helps.

Come out of the road from the station/cafe and turn left up the hill, keep going until the woodland stops and you see a lay by on the left, park there and you will see the stile and the path leading to the top of the wood. Explore the area.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help John. I'm guessing the stile you mention is the one where the ice cream van sometimes parks, if I go through the stile an keep going left, will I be in the right area?

Thanks for the help John. I'm guessing the stile you mention is the one where the ice cream van sometimes parks, if I go through the stile an keep going left, will I be in the right area?
Yep where the ice cream van parks. You cross a small bridge then head downwards towards Grindleford cafe. The only issue is getting to the brook as it can be lower than the land. If it’s only trees you could that be bolehill quarry? It’s very close to padley gorge. Have a look at an OS map to find out where they are (bing maps has an os map layer or you can get the OS map app).

Yes Mike, that is correct. Its quite obvious once on the path after the style.

Yes Mike, that is correct. Its quite obvious once on the path after the style.

Thanks John, might even stop off for an ice cream on the way back.:)

Back