Goalmouth action camera setting?

Cockney

I asked Admin for a user title
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
When shooting goalmouth action at football (from the stands near halfway line) what camera settings would you use.
I'm only using my Lumix TZ90 as larger cameras are not allowed. I need a decent shutter speed as I'm usually zoomed in.
Do you pre focus with an aperture for decent dof? (F8?) Also turn off the focus priority shutter release.
Do you trust the auto focus? Sometimes with the focus priority shutter release the camera gets confused with the action and the shutter will not fire. Im not shooting anything specific just looking to rapid fire the action and review later.

when i used a camera behind the goalmouth, i had everything on manual.
place your camera, find the settings that will get you the best shots. Set your aperture, ISO, shutter speed, and focus. This way, you can leave the camera on the Manual setting, and it will not continually re-focus on distracting players around it.on a good day it might be 1000 shutter , f5.6 and iso adjusted to suit. The only problem being if the weather changes drastically your exposures will be out.

Last edited:
When shooting goalmouth action at football (from the stands near halfway line) what camera settings would you use.
I'm only using my Lumix TZ90 as larger cameras are not allowed. I need a decent shutter speed as I'm usually zoomed in.
Do you pre focus with an aperture for decent dof? (F8?) Also turn off the focus priority shutter release.
Do you trust the auto focus? Sometimes with the focus priority shutter release the camera gets confused with the action and the shutter will not fire. Im not shooting anything specific just looking to rapid fire the action and review later.

Given the circumstances you describe, I'd leave my camera at home and enjoy the match.

I think @Pick read the subject line but didn't bother reading the question :)

Back