Godrevy Sunset

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Taken 2 years ago, but processed last night, thanks to Facebook memories for throwing this shoot back into my thought process....

Godrevy sunset 2014 by Martin Steele, on Flickr

"Cracking" shot Martin, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

That's really nice Martin.

I went to Godvery last weekend hoping for a similar image. When I arrived there were more togs out on the rocks than seagulls :) I gave up and found a free spot on the cliffs (nowhere near as nice a perspective).

Should have known better in August - I'll try again next month.

I've not seen the tide that high there to date. Did you time your trip around this or just lucky? Great shot.

Last edited:
Yep - that's a winner!

Nice layers in the composition and I like the light hitting the rocks.

I think the right side of the image doesn't have much to offer. Would you consider a square crop with the lighthouse at the horizontal mid-point to make things a bit more balanced?

That's really nice Martin.

I went to Godvery last weekend hoping for a similar image. When I arrived there were more togs out on the rocks than seagulls :) I gave up and found a free spot on the cliffs (nowhere near as nice a perspective).

Should have known better in August - I'll try again next month.

I've not seen the tide that high there to date. Did you time your trip around this or just lucky? Great shot.

Thanks David, I was down for the week with my best friend, first time to Cornwall, and got totally lucky with high tide coinciding with sunset. The fact it was on the backend of the big storm we had in '14 made it even better, the wind blowing straight inland kept the tide in too, made for some wet, but dramatic images :)

Nice layers in the composition and I like the light hitting the rocks.

I think the right side of the image doesn't have much to offer. Would you consider a square crop with the lighthouse at the horizontal mid-point to make things a bit more balanced?

I don't tend to like square crops at all. Cropping the right of the image off, you lose the little light on the water, on the rocks and the movement. I understand your viewpoint, but for me personally, this is more balanced than a square crop.

Thanks again folks :)

Back