Gold on gold

You'll probably know how I feel about these birds Russ, I love them. This is a lovely example. Personally, I would have left just a bit more space to the right and bottom but that's just me, that doesn't take anything away from the way you've captured this one. I love the dull, olive background, nicely diffused like that, setting off the goldfinch nicely. The colours in the leaves compliment the colours in the goldfinch too, it all works very well together. Nice work Russ.

Nicely caught, I think the composition works with the eye looking straight at the camera, lovely colourful birds, good detail in the feathers

Paul

You'll probably know how I feel about these birds Russ, I love them. This is a lovely example. Personally, I would have left just a bit more space to the right and bottom but that's just me, that doesn't take anything away from the way you've captured this one. I love the dull, olive background, nicely diffused like that, setting off the goldfinch nicely. The colours in the leaves compliment the colours in the goldfinch too, it all works very well together. Nice work Russ.
Nicely caught, I think the composition works with the eye looking straight at the camera, lovely colourful birds, good detail in the feathers.
- Thank you both kindly for your comments - much appreciated :)

Russ

Absolutely loving the colour, I am rather new to any wildlife photography so any technical stuff is lost on me, sorry. Just bought myself a cheap 120-400 to try for some wildlife for the first time. As I say lovely shot.

Absolutely loving the colour, I am rather new to any wildlife photography so any technical stuff is lost on me, sorry. Just bought myself a cheap 120-400 to try for some wildlife for the first time. As I say lovely shot.
- Glad you like it - thanks for kind comments :)
- we all had to start somewhere with all this technical stuff but, at the end of the day, it's all in the enjoyment of getting out there and taking pictures; the techy stuff will follow :)

Russ

"Cracking" shot Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Back