Gold

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning%20river.jpg

That's lovely Janice, so much atmosphere. I love the way the melting ice is dripping in the water - well I guess that's what was happening ;) . Did you do much PP with that shot?

Another good'un J ... bags of atmos in that one ... like the effect ... (y)

Where is it ...:thinking:

:p

Thanks guys. Yes that IS water dripping off the trees as the frost was melting...it was last winter. It was originally had a very dark foreground, so I gave it the HDR treatment and it rescued it a treat.

Ven...it is the river Stort near my work (or the Stort Navigation should I say!)

Janice you've got HDR cracked it seems - and a more subtle use than my normal approach! Works well!

Good HDR work :)

Brrrr! Really lovely. I like this shot for so many reasons.
The grasses in the immediate foreground give the image wonderful depth, and give the eye an instant focal point to work from.
The far side of the river looks like a barren uninviting place - even moreso with the cracking silhouetted reflections of the yawning trees.
This is then contrasted and balanced against the golden glow of the further river, which is oh-so-pretty.
To top it all off, lovely and sharp and all very natural looking. I feel like I'm there, albeit wrapped up warm.

Well done you.

Thank you kind sir, and all you others too! ;)
Worth finding I had one nubuck Caterpillar boot in the river when I looked down!!! LOL :woot:

Back