Goldcrest....

RedRobin

Dances With Dogs
Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
My first photos of this species and they never stand still! It's a particularly attractive tree as a photographic setting and so I shall be revisiting it.

Do Goldcrest revisit the same trees?

^ #1 - Click image for more info on Flickr

Goldcrest_7006vnfxs.jpg

^ #2

Goldcrest_7026vnfxs.jpg

^ #3

Goldcrest_7029vnfxs.jpg

^ #4

Comments / Discussion always welcome.

:)

Last edited:
Morning Robin, lucky to see - nice shots

In my experience, yes they seem to hang around the same trees and spaces - for a few weeks, maybe just a couple max - then they seem to disappear - they are susceptible to predators

If you go back the next day at about the same time …… in the afternoon ………you will usually see them and most of the time they take little notice of you

also you can usually see them in the same place year after year - I have only ever seen them in Jan/Feb

but as you say they NEVER keep still

Last edited:
Good Morning to you too, Bill :)

Thankyou - That's very helpful information. It was the afternoon that I saw this Goldcrest.

Goldcrests can extremely frustrating to photograph as you have found out. never still for a moment.
as Bill said above yes Goldcrests tend to hang around the same tree's.

They are searching for midges on the branches/lichen, I sat and watched them in Scotland for a week last year from a hide and got some mediocre shots of them in terrible light.

Some lovely shots there Robin, #1 and #3 steal it for me, and like you say it really is a rather attractive tree with a very pleasing backdrop too

Back