1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tringa

Tringa

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    A couple of days ago I was aware of a small bird out the back of the house. At first I thought it was a wren but it hung about enough for me to get a better look at it and get this fairly poor shot through not very clean double glazing, with high ISO and a fair bit of cropping - the top end of a 55-300mm wasn't enough.

Still I'm happy to have seen it. I've seen more white tailed eagle than goldcrests.

Dave

[​IMG]

mrtoad and gramps like this.
  2. Jannyfox

Jannyfox

Name:
    Jan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Believe it or not, so have I............
    Actually, I've seen at least as many golden eagles as I have goldcrests............
    Lucky you having a goldcrest hang around long enough to get a good look at it. Normally they don't.

3. mrtoad

mrtoad

Name:
    Geof
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    cheers
    hope you have posted this on the birdie section as well...i like all the rough stough...birds can go everywhere
    we had a baby starling in our garage!!!
    its safe now..:)

4. Tringa

Tringa

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I didn't think this was up to the high standard of the shots in the Birds section so posted it here instead, Geof.

Golden eagle is on my list of birds I've seen more of than goldcrest too, Jan. Thinking about it there is quite a list of supposedly rarer birds that I have seen more frequently.

Dave

Jannyfox likes this.