Goldcrest

Edit My Images
No
Tried in vain all over out local countryside to get a photo of one of these. They never sit still long enough. Managed to get this one in the garden.

Last edited:
Hi Trev you did good seen these little blighters but never manage a shot at them John and I stalked 1 for a couple of hours still nowt Im jel :clap::clap::clap:(y) their real tiny arnt they easy to confuse with fire crest

Last edited:
Seemingly the UKs smallest bird or is it the smallest egg, there's the Firecrest too which is about the same size.

What made this shot for me was I was taking a shot of a young blackbird with huge eyebrows and heard a commotion behind me. It was two of the Goldcrests fighting. I had the 400mm lens on and finding it a little too close to focus.

That's a beauty Trev.....they're not really into long poses are they.

Bob

Super shot! Best Goldcrest shot I've seen in ages, sharp as a tack. :clap:

Super shot, I've only (as far as I know) seen one of these once, when it flew into our lounge window, I rescued it from the queue of cats and and sat in my hand for ages, until it recovered and flew off to continue its' little life. A great memory brought back to life, Thank you!

Tara

Last edited:
Great shot. first time ive seen a pic of one, never mind one in the wild

Fabulous shot trev :)

Beautifully sharp and colourfull, I've never seen one in the wild either (y)

Superb capture, well done :clap:

That is simply excellent. To get such a clear image of such a flighty bird is sensational. Great stuff(y)(y)

The Goldcrest is the UK's smallest bird btw - along with the Firecrest - smaller than the Wren.

A stonker Trev :clap:......when I saw it I was wondering how you could have managed to grab the camera stick 400mm on and take the shot in the short time these little guys stick around.....luck as well as skill prevailed eh..(y)

Jamie

Back