Wild Golden Eagle

dragonfly

Advertiser
Name
Des
Edit My Images
No
A belated HNY to all...

Spent a few days in Spain last week working with amongst other things, the Golden Eagle. Thought I'd share them with you.

Unusually we had a pair of them together, peacefully. Perhaps they nest earlier down south. In any case, a real privilege to see and photograph.

All images made with the Nikon D500 and the 200-500mm f5.6 lens.

pair.jpg

I nearly clipped the wings on this occasion as you often forget how large the wings are when they're fully extended.

goldie.jpg

On this instance, the male took to the air and came towards our direction while the female was stir feeding. He turned just in front of us, offering this beautiful view of its underside.

soaring.jpg

Not really a landscaper but the view at sunrise is spectacular most mornings. This is a stitched panorama consisting of 6 frames.

landscape.jpg

A great set and very privileged to be so close I'm sure something you will not forget in a hurry :)

They're such fantastic birds, not that I'm at all jealous of you seeing them at such close quarters......... The two together are nice but the second is terrific. You really wouldn't want to be grabbed by that footwear!

Right place Right time bet you got a tan also.
A great set of images indeed...
Any jobs going Des.

Cheers everyone, for your kind comments.

@markblake it's a site being developed by a colleague - not sure it's ready for the public yet.

Back