Golden Trees

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
The inspiration for this shot was the b/w silhouettes you find in tree identification books, I wanted to capture the essence of the tree without needing every detail of the bark and leaves/needles. What I was looking for was a group of isolated trees (ideally with the sun behind them), or at leat ones I could clone out, that had an interesting outline/branch structure.

Canon EOS 100D, EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Aperture-Priority, 1/1000, f11, ISO400
PP: Used Rawtherapee to alter the colour temp to a warmer colour, and PS to clone out a distracting tree brances (TL)
Taken: Rivington Terraced Gardens, Lancashire (Feb 2015)
Any thoughts welcome....

10366-1425211763-ac04d9120c8e1f3e37c25f247645a0e3.jpg

Well, it's a silhouette so that's a good start, I like the colour gradient BG too. On the negative side, even with the size of this image it looks like there is movement in the upper branches, for me this would be better if it was sharp all over, what about you?

The good thing about silhouettes is that you can usually get a fast shutter speed!

It's quite possible that there was some movement, it was a windy day and it's on the side of a hill, also think some of the pine needles that were lit from behind have been lost in resizing.

I agree with Brian on the movement in the upper branches.
I bet it would make one hell of a print though :)

Back