Goldfinch. (with the Sigma)

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
It's probably no secret, I love my L glass but couldn't quite stretch to the 600mm (dripping with sarcasm that!), so being a mere mortal, I had to take a cheaper option with the Sigma 150-600C.

I'm getting some nice images with it and it is well worth the money, now I've had it a couple of months. Worthy of note, this is with a 7D at 800 ISO.

tp.jpg

Good to see the goldies back too.

Thanks Gary, it's probably a better lens than I am a photographer.

Cracking photo (y)

We get a few of these in out garden, lovely birds. I also have that lens. :)

it must be a good copy Russ. ;):LOL:
- Yes, but It's also in the hands of a good operative, Dale :)
- I might be tempted myself towards a Siggy, 'cos I find my excellent Canon 300mm /f2.8 limited in reach on occasions. If a put a x1.4 converter on it, it's great - but if I put a x2 converter on I find it slow to focus for any BIF work - so, how do you find the Siggy for BIF shot yourself?

Russ

- Yes, but It's also in the hands of a good operative, Dale :)
- I might be tempted myself towards a Siggy, 'cos I find my excellent Canon 300mm /f2.8 limited in reach on occasions. If a put a x1.4 converter on it, it's great - but if I put a x2 converter on I find it slow to focus for any BIF work - so, how do you find the Siggy for BIF shot yourself?

Russ

lol, thanks.

I've not really tried the lens for BIF as of yet Russ. I've been meaning to get to the SEOs, they're still there but life has got in the way recently. The lens seems fast enough on my 5Div and also on the 7D but I've not found its limits yet as most of what I've done has been perched. I can't say from what I've seen so far, it's any slower than my 100-400. How much of that is down to the bodies or the lens, I'm not sure but the Sigma seems to be snappy enough. I may be going to the owls this weekend, one of the reasons I bought the Sigma, so I may be able to have a proper go at BIF with it then. (y)

edit:- meant to say, I've tried the lens with my Sigma 1.4TC and it does noticeably slow down.

Last edited:
Back