Goldfinch

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Seeing lots of these little birds this year, which must be a good sign for the species ... a change from the sad tales of some other declining species.

Nikon D850 + Nikon 200-500 + TC14-eiii
Large crop.

Goldfinch
by Roger, on Flickr

Lovely photo.
I've recently seen one in my garden and on the advice of my girlfriend I've added niger seed and sunflower hearts to my feeder station so as to encourage them.

Other than odd seasonal variations we regularly get between 12 to 24 Goldfinches and they just get sunflower hearts.

Messy eaters so lots for the ground feeders to mop up :)

Thanks, I wanted to check them out ... results for Greenfinches & Siskins surprise me, almost unseen here.

Lovely photo.
I've recently seen one in my garden and on the advice of my girlfriend I've added niger seed and sunflower hearts to my feeder station so as to encourage them.

Well done, they love both

Other than odd seasonal variations we regularly get between 12 to 24 Goldfinches and they just get sunflower hearts.

Messy eaters so lots for the ground feeders to mop up :)

Bit like a 'rave' ... groups quickly in and then off, lots of noise and leave a mess.

Not seen many this year great picture Roger nice BG(y)

Thanks Charles. :)

One of my favourite birds, lovely image.

Not seen one this year, but we have had siskin.

Nice shot I get them in daily on my feeders

Seeing lots of these little birds this year, which must be a good sign for the species ... a change from the sad tales of some other declining species.

Nikon D850 + Nikon 200-500 + TC14-eiii
Large crop.

Goldfinch
by Roger, on Flickr

Nice shot - I've not seen many of these this year.

Back