Goldfinch

Much envy from me Russ and nicely captured too. I've had fleeting visits from them recently but none at the moment as I have a sparrowhawk doing the rounds.

Last edited:
Nice finds indeed, love the number of young 'Goldies' around :)
- Cheers, Roger - I did wonder if the youngster was from a second brood as it seems a little late in the season? :)
Much envy from me Russ and nicely captured too. I've had fleeting visits from them recently but none at the moment as I have a sparrowhawk doing the rounds.
- many thanks, Dale - at the moment a family of six or seven occasionally visit, and this time I managed to snap a couple. My objective is to get a photo of a youngster being fed by mum.....:)

Russ

Good to hear (from posts) that it's been a good year for these wonderful little 'uns. Nice and sharp,Russ.

lovely work Russ no nits here:) It's such a joy having these guys visit we are both sooo lucky!
Russ we have def got a second batch of kidlets here,I'm not sure if they are all second clutch,but there has def been one lot a break and then another here. All the luck in your quest mate.

We have a couple or 3 kids at the mo that are really harrasing the parents,I think these are just fledged ,it's really funny watching the parents,frankly it looks like they have had a guts full of kids,I see them snatch some grub then out of it with little wings a following. Bless 'em

stu

Good to hear (from posts) that it's been a good year for these wonderful little 'uns. Nice and sharp,Russ.
- glad you like the shots, John :)
- we've certainly seen lots around these parts!
lovely work Russ no nits here:) It's such a joy having these guys visit we are both sooo lucky! Russ we have def got a second batch of kidlets here,I'm not sure if they are all second clutch,but there has def been one lot a break and then another here. All the luck in your quest mate. We have a couple or 3 kids at the mo that are really harrasing the parents,I think these are just fledged ,it's really funny watching the parents,frankly it looks like they have had a guts full of kids,I see them snatch some grub then out of it with little wings a following.
- Nice to hear that you have plenty of the little beauties around too, Stu :)
- I walked round to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park this afternoon to shoot bears (polar and brown), and when I returned my wife informed me that the family of goldies had been devouring the sunflower hearts on our feeders (they seem to prefer them to nyger seeds at present), so I missed a photo opportunity to get the young goldies being fed. Hey Ho - next time perhaps!

All the best
Russ

I know its tagging onto your thread, but it is through glass and not technically v good, just lots of them!

P8170008_DxO.jpg

Back