Goldie.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
At my hide today.

I was out there with my 7D and the Sigma 150-600. Not an ideal body for the light but I keep trying to make it work, it seems to like the Sigma. Still a bit grainy but getting better with ETTR.

The goldies are back with a vengeance, as well as a few redpoll and siskin. It's great to see these birds back, I counted (more estimated in the end ) over 40 goldfinches, 2 redpoll and 3 siskin as well as chaffinches, robin and I think a very fleeting visit from a chiffchaff.

tp.jpg

Looks 'clean' enough to me Dale, lovely detail, colours and bg (y) What the exif?

Not a lot wrong with that at all Dale (y)

Only ISO 1000! you could stick another nought on that if you'd gone Nikon :p

:LOL:

Scary number for the 7D. My 5D wouldn't break sweat at that though. I'm happy at up to and even over 6400 with that. I think a lot is to do with trying to get a correct exposure though (by ETTR), shadow recovery on the 7D is woeful, even at lower ISOs.

Superb result for 1/125th, not often you get them this sharp at that speed - nice one.

Big plus point here is using the full frame, good exposure and minimal cropping will usually result in good details with the 7d, as you've done here.

Great head angle - and no broken twig! A lovely shot

Mike

Superb result for 1/125th, not often you get them this sharp at that speed - nice one.

Big plus point here is using the full frame, good exposure and minimal cropping will usually result in good details with the 7d, as you've done here.

Great head angle - and no broken twig! A lovely shot

Mike

Thanks Mike. I've been working on my broken twig habit, a hard one to ditch but getting there. ;)

Lovely clean shot with that combo, Dale - send some of your goldies down here please :)

Russ

Thanks Russ.

I've lost count of goldies today, it's in the hundreds now. :cool:

"Cracking" shot, nuff said.

George.

Great shot Dale

Back