Golf portfolio

Edit My Images
No
Evening, i know the summer is nearly over...but any advice re photographing golf?

I know / read that the biggest no no is clicking in the swing...but where should i position myself (without getting hit)? I've looked at images on the web and any must have shots i should have in my portfolio? i think i am ok with the settings so just tips on where to stand/sit and type of shots.

Ultimately i am aiming to approach local courses to try cover some of their competitions.

cheers in advance

Front to the side.... longer the lens the better IMHO But I have done golf with a 70-200... I always ask the golfers (even if the club has given permision) to make sure they are ok wiht me photogrpahing and that i wouldn't be putitng them off

Your right no backswing.. some players will not mind if you click on the backswing.. the problem is that anyone looking at your pictures will not know they said it was alrright and just presume your that bloke :(

I am not a full time golf photogrpaher.. just when the local paper get me to cover it .. http://www.kipax.com/index.php?g=GOLF

I ahve handed out cards to the players and the club and tweeted the info... never sold a single pic... hence i only go if paper send me.. otherwise waste of time IMHO

Back