Goods train at country halt

Name
Sue
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken at Deeside Halt on the LLangollen Railway at their Steel Steam and Stars event last week.The "goods" train was carrying enthusiasts in 3 brake vans.

goodsatdeesidehaltsml.jpg

A very nice scene. I would have preferred to see it from a further 8ft or so away, and with less blur / shake. You would need to up your shutter speed to fix.

Gary.

Thank you both for your comments. I dont think I can choose a shutter speed on my camera. I could change the ISO though which would probably have the same effect. I took some other pictures at the same time. I dont know if they are better.

closegoodssml.jpg

deesidegoodssml.jpg

I quite like the composition on the first image, it gives a nice feel of the surroundings.
Its a little soft but then compacts are your shutter speed of 1/250 s is fine for this shot.

I have given it the Velvia treatment which has over saturated colour which works very well for this image, its then had a sharpen.

Edit:- Some people wont like it but I dont care.

Last edited:
Well I think the original looks better than that, the front buffer beam is now bordering on pink! :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
a nice setting and I think the crop/scale is good, however its not level and it is not sharp
must say its surprizing that your camera cant change the shutter speed, not knowing much about compact camera's these days its a surprizing ommision

You cant change the shutter speed. The camera got very good reviews but this was pointed out as a serious omission.

Thank you for your comments:)

I quite like the composition on the first image, it gives a nice feel of the surroundings.
Its a little soft but then compacts are your shutter speed of 1/250 s is fine for this shot.

I have given it the Velvia treatment which has over saturated colour which works very well for this image, its then had a sharpen.

Edit:- Some people wont like it but I dont care.

I didnt get to see it and now it is gone.:) Thank you anyway for your interest

Back