Goodwood FOS 2013 What A Weekend

Name
Mark Gameson
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I would share some of my photos from this years Goodwood FOS this was my first year and my first attempt at taking photos of cars moving at speed.

1)

Goodwood FOS 2013 by MARKGAMESON1 (Downton Mini/Mini59), on Flickr

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

More here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markgameson/sets/72157634642317381/

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice attempt image #1 and #2 are nice snaps #3 does not work for me as you people blurred in the foreground and then there's the post that goes through the front of the cars spotlights. #5 would work a little better if you cropped the image a little bit. #6 is the best one though still room for improvement.

Thanks for the feedback.

I still have a lot to learn. Most of the shots were taken in Auto mode (i'll get my coat) as I wasn't confident enough to get the settings right and as it was my first time at the FOS I wanted to at least get a couple of reasonable photos.

We plan to go to the Revival next year so need to improve my skills by then

Thanks for the feedback.

I still have a lot to learn. Most of the shots were taken in Auto mode (i'll get my coat) as I wasn't confident enough to get the settings right and as it was my first time at the FOS I wanted to at least get a couple of reasonable photos.

We plan to go to the Revival next year so need to improve my skills by then

Practice practice practice that's all it takes......... Plus some homework have a look at this website it has proven very fruitful to me with information and guides to various settings and it has helped me to improve no end with my photos.

http://behindthefence.co.uk/

Also feel free to have a look at the images I took from my most recent outing to Prescott hill climb and click on the Flickr links for the exif information to see the settings I used.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=498746

I also still have lots to learn but I am getting there and you will as well :):)

Practice practice practice that's all it takes......... Plus some homework have a look at this website it has proven very fruitful to me with information and guides to various settings and it has helped me to improve no end with my photos.

http://behindthefence.co.uk/

Also feel free to have a look at the images I took from my most recent outing to Prescott hill climb and click on the Flickr links for the exif information to see the settings I used.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=498746

I also still have lots to learn but I am getting there and you will as well :):)

Thanks for the link will have a look at that. YOur shots form Prescott are brilliant I was lucky enough to get taken up there in a XK120 Roadster probably the scariest thing I've done as there was no seatbelt and just a small grab handle to hold on too! I have a load of shots form a recent trip I did form Land's End to John O'Groats will have to start a new thread for thoose

Thanks for the link will have a look at that. YOur shots form Prescott are brilliant I was lucky enough to get taken up there in a XK120 Roadster probably the scariest thing I've done as there was no seatbelt and just a small grab handle to hold on too! I have a load of shots form a recent trip I did form Land's End to John O'Groats will have to start a new thread for thoose

Wow that sounds fun..........

I look forward to seeing your next set of images I have added you as a contact on Flickr so I can follow your progress.

:) happy snapping and posting

Just uploading some shots form the LeJog (forgot to say I didin a Mini!) will add you both when thats done

The most important thing I would advice to you at this stage is to take care into what you are putting in the frame. Avoid all fences, signs, people's heads etc as these ruin an image. Look for different viewpoints where you can photograph the subject without incorporating these in the frame. Sometimes all you will have to do is move a couple of steps to the side or perhaps just lean, but make sure you put some thought into it and pay attention to everything in the viewfinder.

The one of the Toyota truck is good and definitely your best as the image is clean, the car is well positioned in the frame, the lighting is good and the background and foreground (trees and foliage) add to the image rather than distract.

Hope that helps

Thanks for your feedback guys it's very much appricated I agree the toyota is the best of the bunch and to be honest it was a lucky shot.

I will keeep trying I will get there

Thanks for your feedback guys it's very much appricated I agree the toyota is the best of the bunch and to be honest it was a lucky shot.

I will keeep trying I will get there

(y) That's the point, Mark. To paraphrase the golfer Gary Player, "the more you practice, the luckier you will get!" ;)

loving some of the rally shots.

two tips:
1) if you want good critique, its best to number the shots
2) if you are ever going to crop something out of a photo, then a beer belly would be that thing :)

Thanks Gary

Never thought to number the shots but its something I will do in furture

Ha Ha good point I missed that (looks like my mate he normally gets in the way!)

Just been doing a bit of cropping in Flickr (never knew you could edit photos in Flickr I learn something everyday) hopefully it will improve the shots...

Just been doing a bit of cropping in Flickr (never knew you could edit photos in Flickr I learn something everyday) hopefully it will improve the shots...

Ok so I saved the chages to Flickr but it hasn't updated on the thread

Back