Goodwood FOS 2019

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

A few shots from this years Goodwood Festival of Speed. I was able to do two days this year which meant plenty of time to enjoy the show

1) Mads Ostberg full send on the rally stage (personal highlight for me)
236A8339 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

2) As close as you like in the paddock
236A8796 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

3) Former hill climb record holder Nick Heidfeld on his way up the hill
236A8924 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

4) International debut no.1 Ford GT MKII
236A9166 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

5) International debut no.2 Porsche 911 RSR GTE
236A9590 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

6) Kicking up the dust round Molecomb corner
236A9656 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

7) Goodwood action sports arena provided plenty of entertainment courtesy of the FMX boys
236A9278 by Ben Huish, on Flickr

Really nice set, love the light in #1 and the sense of speed in #3

Also as a further question how do you find the focus speed on your Sigma 120-300mm f2.8? I hired one last weekend and found the AF performance and speed to be awful no matter what settings I used

Also as a further question how do you find the focus speed on your Sigma 120-300mm f2.8? I hired one last weekend and found the AF performance and speed to be awful no matter what settings I used
I personally haven't had any issues with the AF. I bought mine second hand and it came with sigma dock so I was able to check/update the firmware and set up the custom modes for either AF speed or AF accuracy etc. From what I read when researching this can have quite a big difference. I have also been using mine with the 2x extender more and more and i have been fairly happy with the results, admittedly it needs the perfect light to get the most out of it, not too dull, not too bright etc but its been great having a range of 120-600mm with one lens.

Really nice set, love the light in #1 and the sense of speed in #3
Thanks by the way (y) #1 was one of the first shots i took over the two days and loved it when i saw it on the back of the camera so glad it came out well.

I personally haven't had any issues with the AF. I bought mine second hand and it came with sigma dock so I was able to check/update the firmware and set up the custom modes for either AF speed or AF accuracy etc. From what I read when researching this can have quite a big difference.

I tried that and it didn't make much difference so I'm guessing the hire lens has some sort of fault. I did struggle first using it on Saturday morning, as I couldn't see how the lens had so many good reviews when the AF was soooooo slow

I have a Sigma 120-300 f2.8 Sport as well, I've set the custom mode for faster focussing (at the possible compromise of a possible decrease in accuracy) and found it to be pretty quick. There is a lot of heavy glass to move...

Amazing pictures of this year's FoS - congrats!

Back