Gorgeous Female Zebra Jumping Spider (Salticus scenicus)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
A common jumping spider found across the UK. Jumping Spiders do not make webs. Instead they jump onto their prey with great accuracy and quickly inflict a lethal venomous bite. She is very small just now, maybe 3mm, so a bit of growing up to do to reach a possible 5-7mm.

js01_1400.jpg

js02_1400.jpg

js03_1400.jpg

js04_1400.jpg

js05_1400.jpg

Paul.

Very nice Paul, I really like the first one (y)

Very nice Paul

I may have look tomorrow for some if I have time

Lovely shots there Paul, lighting and diffusion look really good, were these shots pre illuminated with a torch or something?

Very nice, and well spotted....ive only ever seen one and managed a couple of quick snaps, they are quick!

Very nice Paul

I may have look tomorrow for some if I have time

Thanks Alf - she took me by surprise - I wasn't looking for anything at the time!

Lovely shots there Paul, lighting and diffusion look really good, were these shots pre illuminated with a torch or something?

Cheers Graham.

No extra illumination. The twinflash's built in focusing lights going through the diffuser, plus the natural light was enough.

Very nice, and well spotted....ive only ever seen one and managed a couple of quick snaps, they are quick!

Ta m8, yeah, they can scoot, but I managed about 12 shots, these 5 being the keepers.

Paul.

Fantastic set there, #3 is the one for me though. I can never get close enough to these to get a shot, care to share your secret? ;)

Fantastic set there, #3 is the one for me though. I can never get close enough to these to get a shot, care to share your secret? ;)

Thanks Mex.

No real secret, just take plenty and you'll get something usable.

I did have a 36mm extension tube on though :)

Paul.

Back