Gorse & Peaks

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice gorse bush and the peaks of The Cuillin Range on the Isle of Skye.

Fuji GW690 - Kodak Portra 160

Nice gorse bush and the peaks of The Cuillin Range on the Isle of Skye.

Fuji GW690 - Kodak Portra 160

A very beautiful image

It's a WOW from me.

Cheers Trev.

(y)Lovely pastel tones. Are the colours from the film or from editing in software?

Last edited:
The hills may just be blurred because they're out of focus, but there's an impression of atmospheric haze, so subjectively I'd expect the distances to be more blue. The colours don't quite mesh with my subliminal expectations.

The hills may just be blurred because they're out of focus, but there's an impression of atmospheric haze, so subjectively I'd expect the distances to be more blue. The colours don't quite mesh with my subliminal expectations.

Odd, the hills look quite blue to me!

What I really like about this image is the way the pointy profile of the gorse bush echoes the pointy profile of the mountains behind. Lovely stuff, Dave.

What I really like about this image is the way the pointy profile of the gorse bush echoes the pointy profile of the mountains behind. Lovely stuff, Dave.
Yes, I agree with that! But my impression of the colour remains - that there's something a bit too magenta or red about the slopes of the Cuillins. The colour balance doesn't feel quite right. Of course I could be quite wrong and it may be a subjective matter. However I do feel the same now as I did the previous time I looked, which is a kind of test.

(y)Lovely pastel tones. Are the colours from the film or from editing in software?

From the film - Portra 160 - which explains the colour that @droj finds odd - but which I love :)

Odd, the hills look quite blue to me!

Thanks - that was certainly an element I was seeing too when I composed it.

Back