Got a new monopod

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Put in here specific for my sports shooting contacts :)

For quite a few years I have been using the Manfrotto 680B Monopod.. always been sturdy and fits into my peli case... after many yrs of good service its pretty knackered and decided to get a new one..

unfortunatly the shop i ordered from decided to tell me they no longer stock it.. after taking my money... so offered me two others at same price.. one was longer so wouldnt fit.. I went for the MMXPROA5 which has 5 sections as apposed to 4 however its 41cm closed as apposed to 51cm and is 700g apposed to 850g So smaller and lighter but works perfect with my 400 and 1dx

I also like the fact that the section tabs lock into place rather than just rely on how far you squeeze them... all in all a good buy.. reccomended for pitchside sat or fully stood :)

Just had a look at that. What puzzles me is why the Aluminium version is 30cm shorter than the CF one at maximum extension. 141cm seems a bit short. (stats from Calumet).

I am not short just about but under 6ft and full extended with camera and lens is bang on ..

Worth a look then? I've been using the 680b for years as well but it's seen better days. Will have to buy another over the 'off-season'.

Is it possible to "knacker" a 680B...?

been through a couple of them.. so yes :)

The new one is working out better.. i like the lock on sections and how small and light it is :)

Back