Gramps' bird thread

suffering from the heavy crops gramps - (as you state)

Reed Warbler is good to see - need to swot up on that ………are they quite "common" - pretty bird - Warbler time approaching and ChiffChaffs will be annoying me all day long with their call, (you would think that they would change their tune now and again!!), but I really like them

Last edited:
suffering from the heavy crops gramps - (as you state)

Reed Warbler is good to see - need to swot up on that ………are they quite "common" - pretty bird - Warbler time approaching and ChiffChaffs will be annoying me all day long with their call, (you would think that they would change their tune now and again!!), but I really like them

Reed Warblers have suddenly appeared at my local haunt, had a group of around 6 flitting back and forth with a couple of Reed Buntings ... first time I have seen them this year :)

Nice images,whats your thoughts on the crop camera.

Nice images,whats your thoughts on the crop camera.

Thanks Mike, my views are muted at the moment ... it certainly gets things closer without loss of mp's but the lens needs a micro-adjust with it so I'm yet to be really satisfied with the results.

great shots the tamron looks like a great lens and the versatility is a big bonus

Loving the Grey Heron Roger- very nice shot- I'm loving my Tamron 150-600mm its a cracking lens

Les

A good catch with the Oystercatchers Rodger and nice detail on the Dunnock, pity the Wren did not look up for you, like the Eider from the previous post too.

love the goldcrest they are that fast they are hard to capture i always get a slight blur or get the back end not worth keeping so well done.

love the goldcrest they are that fast they are hard to capture i always get a slight blur or get the back end not worth keeping so well done.

Thank you ... I always thought Wrens were fast but these little characters are something else! :)

No offence intended at all Gramps...but your Merganser looks to me, like a female Smew.

Whilst your Reed Warblers (to me) appear to be Chiffchaffs.

Of course, me being a part time birder(with less than a 100% eye sight/vision) these days :( i might just be mistaken ;)

PS. Great thread by the way.

Thanks, no offence taken at all and thanks for pointing that out ... I'm no expert and sometimes rely on the observations of others :)

Good work even getting close to the Wren and Goldcrest, nicely taken shots of tricky subjects. (y)

Nesting coot is really good Roger.

I don`t comment much but look at this thread regularly, some good stuff, keep it up bud.

I don`t comment much but look at this thread regularly, some good stuff, keep it up bud.

Thanks Ade, appreciated :)

That Chiffchaff is nigh on perfect and the difference a bird looking at the camera with a perfect pose makes that shot a :clap:

Great Thread Roger, I often look in, so thought I had better comment ;)

Lovely work, no favourites as such, to many to choose from.

Great Thread Roger, I often look in, so thought I had better comment ;)

Lovely work, no favourites as such, to many to choose from.

Thanks Mike, appreciate you looking :)

That Chiffchaff is nigh on perfect and the difference a bird looking at the camera with a perfect pose makes that shot a :clap:

Thanks Neil, appreciate the comment ... I keep trying! :)

Have you got your Nikon 500mm yet Roger, if so how are you getting on with it ? nothing could convince me
to sell mine even though its a bit of a lump.

1st day today Mike, it's the lens I should have got in the beginning but there you go, live & learn! :D

Great shots Gramps. You've been an inspiration (and a drain on my wallet - I will ignore a 500/4, I will, I will) :)

Last edited:
That 500/4 is bringing out the best in your shots. Great stuff!

I did say that you would like it Roger.

Good stuff, IQ is better with the prime IMHO.

Same as @gramps,always a pleasure to look at your work.

Back