Grand Canal Venice Colour

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
loidV7.jpg

From the Accademia Bridge at sunrise.

It’s a lovely image, can’t help but feel you could bring those highlights down a little on the right of the frame though. Not too much, but a little to give a bit more colour.

It’s a lovely image, can’t help but feel you could bring those highlights down a little on the right of the frame though. Not too much, but a little to give a bit more colour.

Highlights are blown in the sky, and perhaps a little bit in the water as well, but this makes it quite easy to drop a better sky. I would be very tempted here.

Possibly still recoverable from the file. All depends how it’s been edited. Personally I’d never drop in another sky.

It may be but it will be very plain still. A decent moderate sunrise sky would fit here just fine and very easily; and you don't even have to worry too much about reflections because there are almost none; minor colour tweak at most. If you want to do it or not that is another question but it's a great way to turn something average into a very sellable image. This is not photojournalism and shall not be held back by such thoughts at all personally.

Back