Grand Tetons

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Visit to the Grand Tetons NP. I don't normally do landscape but the beauty of the Tetons NP was something I hoped to try and capture. 10 stop ND filter used. C&C welcome

Colter Bay Lake early morning.
Grand Teton National Park by Paul, on Flickr

Oxbow bend, Snake River,
There were at least 50 other "togs" here on the mornings that we visited.
Grand Teton National Park by Paul, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely still water reflections there and some nice colours.
The left-hand trees in the 1st slightly takes the edge off for me, looks too 'garden hedge' when compared with the natural beauty of the rest of the scene ... I wonder if lifting the shadows there would help? :)

Thanks for the reply. I am new to photoshop and did attempt to "lift" the shadows but looked completely wrong. I'm going to find a tutorial and give it a go when time allows.

Really nice shots, the dark trees on the left of the first shot let it down for me but I live the colour of the sky and water in it. I really like the second shot, nice work

Each to their own I guess, but I prefer your original shot #1. Too me it seems more magnificent, trying to explain I think the closer tree line on left helps gives scale to the enormity of the mountains and the environment where the shot was taken. If that makes sense.

Lovely shots.

I'd pick the 2nd purely for the colours, and crop it in a bit.

P.S. You don't need 10 stop when the water is nice and still :)
Hi. Agree in first shot but second shot is a river albeit a very calm one that morning.

The second shot is nice & I agree the first shot is better with cropped out trees.
I’m quite new to photography so just to be clear in my mind, why did you use a 10 stop ND? Was it to smooth out the cloud movement?
Just my humble opinion,& I’m no expert but if it were me I might have just used a polarising filter cut out a bit of the haze in the distant mountains & possibly sharpen up the reflection by using a higher shutter speed.
Very nice shots though.

Hi I used the 10 stop to take out the surface movement of the water. In the first shot to the right of me was a small floating jetty as people walked on the jetty it was causing the surface to ripple slightly. Second shot is a river so there was a little more movement but no a great deal. I packed everything I thought I'd need for photography but left the polarising filter at home.

Hi I used the 10 stop to take out the surface movement of the water. In the first shot to the right of me was a small floating jetty as people walked on the jetty it was causing the surface to ripple slightly. Second shot is a river so there was a little more movement but no a great deal. I packed everything I thought I'd need for photography but left the polarising filter at home.

Aha, I see your logic, probably the right decision, Thank you for the tip, Iv learnt something.
Another nice shot btw.

Last edited:
Back