Sam
Edit My Images
No
Canon EOS 620, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8, Ilford XP2

clockdarker1.jpg

Plustek OpticFilm 8100 scanner and SilverFast software
TIFFs processed in ON1 Photo RAW

Last edited:
You might want to post this in "Photos From Film" and/or the "Show us your film shots" in the Talk Film and conventional thread.

It's a lovely composition, well lit with good tonal range and crisp details. The one nit-pick I have is that the top of the clock is not level and it's the first thing I saw, I'm not sure if a rotation would help, it might need a keystone adjustment to fix it.

Thanks so much, Chris. Food for thought indeed. I'm wondering if perspective is involved here for I'd be using a spirit level for this shot? Whatever the case, I must go back to the processing again and think it through. I'm wondering too if the 12 and 6 should line up? Anyway, I appreciate the constructive input.
(y)

I'm sure you are right in that it is a perspective thing because you are shooting at an angle to the clock. If you are prepared to alter the aspect ratio a simple solution might be to crop it to the top of the front of the clock.

Nice nostalgic scene Sam. Great idea to show the photo frame through the clock front.
I see what Chris means about the sloping clock top but it doesn't bother me, it looks quite natural from that viewing angle IMO.

Canon EOS 620, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8, Ilford XP2

clockdarker.jpg

Plustek OpticFilm 8100 scanner and SilverFast software
TIFFs processed in ON1 Photo RAW

are you going to resubmit this?...wrong thread etc
my initial thoughts are that your camera has dictated your compositional frame and the clock tilts a bit...pp will take that out or reshoot
i like the idea of framing your grandmother? through the eye of your grandfather's clock...nostalgia and memories are a good subject
cheers for now
geof
just got pipped there..;):p

Last edited:
.wrong thread etc
Not really wrong, it's fine here but might get a bit more appreciation in film related threads. I know that some of the F&C folk rarely venture outside of that area :)

Not really wrong, it's fine here but might get a bit more appreciation in film related threads. I know that some of the F&C folk rarely venture outside of that area :)
well i am happy to know that
some of my desperate entries here are scanned from prints as it happens...terrible results but since they are mine they are worth showing
i file them under LB1 2 etc
lead balloons
o_O:D

Thanks for the comments and help. I've had a go at levelling the image, but I think later I'll have a very close look at the negative. I'll also get a little more space on the right I think. I'll just leave the post here now that you've been kind enough to comment and help out. Really appreciate it. :) Yes, it's my grandmother in the frame and the clock was their wedding present in 1933.

Back