Grandson at Social distancing

Love the first one. Nice light on his hair.

It’s really hard on the little(er) ones. We have a 4 year old who is acutely aware of the issues around him and always asks “when the virus is going to go away”.

We are lucky in a big way in that we have Nanna and Grandad right next door so tbh social distancing from them was never really an option.

Because we have spent the last 6 years as one complete unit, seeing each other pretty much every day and it wasn’t what they wanted. We are in effect one household.

However risk assessment wise - my mother in law is working from home so hasn’t had to leave the house. My father in law is retired so doesn’t have to leave the house. My children are all school age and have been at home and have not left the house unattended and then only for walks / exercise. My partner is an actress / model / photographer (as well as a Mum!) so work is not an option so she has stayed home. I am furloughed (until tomorrow) and have stayed home. I have kept shopping trips to a minimum and have shopped for them if they couldn’t get a delivery slot. And I am extremely careful when I do go out on these rare shopping trips and keep my distance.

The risk to me and mine has been minimal probably less than most households.

Right up until this point where I am being forced by my government to go back to work and put my family at risk imo too early.

Back