Critique Grass Track Racing, 21 May 2017

Name
Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

Another visit to Hangar Farm in Wiltshire for a meeting run by Bristol Grass Racing Combine.
I was pleased to be assisted with camera settings by a fellow fotter who was there, and I'm reasonably pleased with what I see as an improvement over previous efforts at similar events.
Here's a selection to view - I basically only use Flickr to be able to download onto this forum, so my full set of photos from the event may be viewed at
http://cliffjones.zenfolio.com/bristol_grc_210517

DSC_6735
by Midland Red, on Flickr

DSC_6749

DSC_6799

DSC_6877

DSC_7041

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Colours are a bit garish for my tastes and Flickr has done a bit of its "magic" and oversharpened them (tip - resize and sharpen to the posting size [say 1200 pixels x 800 pixels] and upload it to Flickr then use the uploaded size to here from Flickr so it [Flickr] doesn't need to resize it). Caught the action well.

Colours are a bit garish for my tastes and Flickr has done a bit of its "magic" and oversharpened them (tip - resize and sharpen to the posting size [say 1200 pixels x 800 pixels] and upload it to Flickr then use the uploaded size to here from Flickr so it [Flickr] doesn't need to resize it). Caught the action well.

Hi! Thanks for responding - appreciated
Haven't quite got my head around what you say, however - they came off camera at 6000x4000, resized and sharpened to 2000x1333, uploaded to Flickr in order to get them onto here
That's all I did! I'm not au fait with what Flickr does
Blame the riders for the colours - long gone are the days of black leathers! Again, they're as shot, so not sure how they could have come out any different
I'm pleased with they way the action was caught - thanks for the comment!
Would have hoped for other opinions on the images as well!
Cheers!

Back