Great Central Railway Winter Gala 2017

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
The Great Central Railway currently runs from Loughborough to Leicester North, plans are currently in place to connect with the GCR Nottingham which runs from Nottingham to Loughborough. The two railways are separated by a missing bridge across the Grand Union Canal and the East Coast Main Line. £1m has so far been raised to re-instate the bridges and work is apparently due to begin this year.

Thus this may be the last GCR Winter Gala in the current format.

Conditions were a bit flat for most of the Friday, turning wet into the evening.
Here are a few of my shots from the day.

Leicester North Station
by Tim White, on Flickr

LMS Black 5 - 45305
by Tim White, on Flickr

GCR Brazier
by Tim White, on Flickr

LMS Ivatt 2MT - 46521
by Tim White, on Flickr

Very cooll #1 there Tim!

Excellent set, Tim. The brazier shot is novel,very good. Luv thebbear..lol

The Great Central Railway currently runs from Loughborough to Leicester North, plans are currently in place to connect with the GCR Nottingham which runs from Nottingham to Loughborough. The two railways are separated by a missing bridge across the Grand Union Canal and the East Coast Main Line. £1m has so far been raised to re-instate the bridges and work is apparently due to begin this year.
The missing bridge needs to go over the Midland Mainline not East Coast Mainline. :) http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/unify/ for more information and updates.

I really should take a trip one of those days... I live about 200m from the Loughborough station.
Here are a few of my shots from the day.

Leicester North Station
by Tim White, on Flickr

LMS Black 5 - 45305
by Tim White, on Flickr

GCR Brazier
by Tim White, on Flickr

LMS Ivatt 2MT - 46521
by Tim White, on Flickr
Like others... live the bear and the brazier (hope the bear didn't get too close to the brazier though!)

Excellent set of pictures of one of my favourite railways. Always enjoy going to their 1940s gala.

Back