Robin
Edit My Images
Yes

^ #1 - Full Alert!

^ #2 - On a mission.

^ #3 - Defence mode!

^ #4 - Enough photos, I'm outta here!

All on Flickr [click image] Canon DSLR.

All comments / discussion welcome - Thanks :)

Last edited:
Love the first shot Robin! Great set!

Nice set Robin, like #3 for the unusual pose.

Fine set Robin.

I think overall number 1 is the best shot although the pose in number 3 makes for an interesting shot. Nothing wrong with 4 but it doesn't match number 1.

I can't decide on the crop - something going with the detail around the eye area ?

Always great birds to watch.

Fine set Robin.

I think overall number 1 is the best shot although the pose in number 3 makes for an interesting shot. Nothing wrong with 4 but it doesn't match number 1.

I can't decide on the crop - something going with the detail around the eye area ?

Always great birds to watch.

....Thanks, Phil :)

Yes, I think that #1 is the best shot too but the others each have something different to offer.

#3 was a capture of a stance I had never witnessed before - Crouching down low ready to leap into action and defend territory.

When you say "the crop" do you mean #2? If so, I cropped it to lose some very distracting OoF low cut reed stalks. It's not a big crop from the original anyway - I was sat down low (getting a wet bum!) and the Grebe passed by quite close. I think that what you are seeing around the eye is probably detritus / silt picked up from the last dive.

I love watching Great Crested Grebes too - All the other photographers there was focussed on a rather distant Bonaparte Gull in from across the pond in the U S of A. But I couldn't see myself getting a good enough shot of it so I didn't bother. I did grab two shots of it but they aren't keepers and would be instantly rejected if of a common species.

Last edited:
A very nice set Robin, a lovely graceful bird to photograph, as shown in #1. :)

That first shot Robin is lovely, their appears to be a bit of presence to it the way the bird as been captured

....'Presence' or something of the character or mood of a wildlife subject is what I ideally like to capture when I can. In this case, the Grebe was on full alert watching that no other love rivals entered his space to entice away his mate, as there were one or two other Great Crested Grebes around.

Reactions: den
Great detail in them all but 1 and 2 for me, the eyes on the others do look a bit odd

Stan

Great detail in them all but 1 and 2 for me, the eyes on the others do look a bit odd

Stan

....Thanks, Stan :)

I have done nothing to the eyes in post-processing in images 3 and 4.

Back