Great grey shrike.

Nice find, I would clone out the oof twigs, at least the ones to the left :)

Thanks for reply gramps agree about the twigs but my pp skills are somewhat limited.

Thanks for your comments Russ,the light was somewhat challenging and not much time to mess with settings.

… the masked bandit?
Yes, perfect for a WANTED poster! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Never saw that guy… I possibly hang in
other social spheres!

… the masked bandit?
Yes, perfect for a WANTED poster! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Never saw that guy… I possibly hang in
other social spheres!
AKA The Butcher Bird as it impales its prey on thorns and twigs to store it!

David if it's low you can see it a mile away if high wow that is some camo,I wonder if that tree top waiting is a hunting stratergy?

Cool image hard won you did well mate, sir david did a great bit this week on the great grey, might be worth digging for ,wish I knew where I watched it mate:D focused on deleting at the time:rolleyes:

The tip of that bill is what gives the game away,it really is hard to believe how this enchanting creature makes a living ,sort of goes against it's looks for me,incredible behaviours

Stu

Great shot of a lovely bird David (y) I was fortunate to watch one at fairly close quarters a couple of years ago sticking beetles on to Hawthorn spikes .......typically no camera with me! :banghead::D

I would clone out the oof twigs, at least the ones to the left

- I would be tempted to lighten the image slightly

Both of the above (y) and a little sharpening around the eye and noise reduction to the bg would improve it no end :)

David if it's low you can see it a mile away if high wow that is some camo,I wonder if that tree top waiting is a hunting stratergy?

Cool image hard won you did well mate, sir david did a great bit this week on the great grey, might be worth digging for ,wish I knew where I watched it mate:D focused on deleting at the time:rolleyes:

The tip of that bill is what gives the game away,it really is hard to believe how this enchanting creature makes a living ,sort of goes against it's looks for me,incredible behaviours

Stu
Thanks Stuart for input,had a great day tracking this down and was rewarded at the 11hour.

Great shot. Agree the twigs might have been cleaned out, but what a triumph to catch the bird..................

Great shot. Agree the twigs might have been cleaned out, but what a triumph to catch the bird..................
Thanks Mark felt great when it turned up and then it was a bit of a fingers and thumbs moment to get a shot as it didnt hang about.

Back