Great Spotted Woodpecker.

Perfect set up and frame, Dale! (y)

Very nice, I like that, background colours work well :)

Lovely shot Dale, great pose and the perch suits the bird perfectly (y)

Love the clean back ground but it does look a bit noisy, a quick bit of NR just down the right hand side for comparison :)

IMGL0615  LR CS6 JP TP (1 of 1) edit.jpg

Thanks for the comments and likes everybody. (y)

Phil, cheers for that. The noise was bugging me too, my noise reducition skills in post leave a bit to be desired but I'm working on my whole Photoshop methods as I'm not all that savvy with it. A great comparison there which really shows the difference. Mind me asking what software please?

Last edited:
I use Nik Dfine2 as an add on to Elements 14 Dale.

Its really easy to use, just select strong noise from the drop down box and it aromatically creates you an adjustments layer. You can select brush size and opacity, I normally go for around 80%.

First use a small soft edge brush to stop bleed through to unwanted areas like up against the tree stump/bird, then finish with a large brush to cover more area.

TBH I've had the add on for quite awhile now and the NR is the only tool I've used, highly recommend it (y)

I use Nik Dfine2 as an add on to Elements 14 Dale.

Its really easy to use, just select strong noise from the drop down box and it aromatically creates you an adjustments layer. You can select brush size and opacity, I normally go for around 80%.

First use a small soft edge brush to stop bleed through to unwanted areas like up against the tree stump/bird, then finish with a large brush to cover more area.

TBH I've had the add on for quite awhile now and the NR is the only tool I've used, highly recommend it (y)

Thanks again Phil. I've been using LR for my noise reduction. I do have the Nik software though so I will give it a go. The original was a hefty crop and iso 1600 in low light so would make the noise more prominent. I really do wish I had a longer 2.8 lens. :LOL:

“Excellent” work Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Cheers George. (y)

I tried the 'strong noise' tool last night and whilst I've not done the finished article, I can see the improvement. I also like that it blurs, or more softens the background further too. (y)

Back