Great Tit

Edit My Images
No
how does this look processing-wise, I had to sort the background out?

I always seem to blow the whites - but todays light was dull and flat - so at least some detail has been retained

600mm Nikon @ f5.6 and ISO400

Great_Tit_Feb_15.jpg

Last edited:
Not a bad image Bill, maybe needs a little tweak in levels (histogram shows it could use it) or could be just the light. :)

Not a bad image Bill, maybe needs a little tweak in levels (histogram shows it could use it) or could be just the light. :)

Thanks gramps - I think that I tend to "under expose" in processing - which could be due to my Mac or just the way I see them
the light was flat and dull, but if anything that should help the consistency of the image, (if you see what I mean)

Last edited:
Thanks - just done the same - looks better

(I do tend to expose/process towards the "dark" side!!!)

Great_Tit_Feb_15_2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bill
The two edits do look better, with Gramps' having the slight edge in terms of colour saturation/contrast - but on my monitor, and to my ageing eyes, all three images display a slight blue cast:thinking:

Russ

Thanks Russ - really useful comments - I'll have a look at the WB etc.,

You need to be getting the WB right in camera Bill not farting about with it in PP ;)

You need to be getting the WB right in camera Bill not farting about with it in PP ;)

Thanks

I always use "Auto" Rich …….. so I should set it in camera whilst shooting should I

Does it matter if you shoot RAW?

Last edited:
Thanks

I always use "Auto" Rich …….. so I should set it in camera whilst shooting should I

Does it matter if you shoot RAW?

Well Bill,some may say it makes no odds if you are shooting RAW but I have always used a custom WB when I can.Cloudy days are the best for it as well.I would point the lens to a piece of cloud that was the brightest, overexpose by a stop or two if need be and then use that as a custome WB.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark - cold grey day when I usually shoot through the window into the garden

Back