Great Tit

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

I know these are common but you gotta start some where.

Gaz

Feedback crit more than welcome.

IMG_6365_Nook_Blue_web.jpg

Hi all.

I know these are common but you gotta start some where.

Gaz

Feedback crit more than welcome.

IMG_6365_Nook_Blue_web.jpg

Hi Gary

I agree that a bit of a crop would be good to remove the branches on the RHS.

Like many, I am probably guilty of cropping too much myself and am thinking of going for more environmental images like this and showing more background rather than going for the maximum number of pixels per bird per image like I tend to do nowadays.

I really like this, lovely image !

It's a great tit......................
It might look better if you cropped on the rhs to remove the branches but it's a nice little study of a very nice little bird, even if they are common :)
Damn it, Fancy getting the breed wrong :-( Thanks for the feedback Jan. (corrected title)
I did think if I got any replies that hey maybe to crop out everything apart from the bird. As on viewing the Bird section that seems to be the norm.
I really like this, lovely image !
Hi Gary
Thanks for the feedback it will encourage me to try take some more.
Hope you enjoy and succeed capturing your environmental bird images.
I liked the stem and the distance.:)
Thanks Shirley

Gaz

Last edited:
It's not really what I would class as an environmental Great Tit shot, you'll normally find Great Tit's in the trees amongst the leaves. This is still a bird on a stick in a way! ;)

As for crit, you can't see its face and the background is distracting and draws the eye. Looks like you were using a 70-200mm? Maybe you got as close as you could without wanting to scare the bird away?

I'd suggest trying to get closer for starters, lots of us use hides i.e. pop-up or fixed style. Also starting out with birds, I'd suggest keeping the sun behind you to start with until you're comfortable enough to start incorporating back and side-lighting (y)

**Edit** Just re-read this and I don't mean to come across as harsh, just trying to give some advice :)

**Edit** Just re-read this and I don't mean to come across as harsh, just trying to give some advice :)
Hi Wez. Not at all I asked for feedback and you gave it :) I'm thankful you took the time to type such a detailed reply. From your Flickr stream it's clear you know what your talking about.
You are quite correct in saying the bird is on a stick :) The lens is a 200mm prime. I get what you are saying re it's environment I wouldn't know about that, other than I was walking in our local countryside park and the bird was there. Yes I can see getting closer and filling the frame will get me a much clearer detailed image. Regarding the back and side lighting. Is there a problem with the above image regarding the use of it ? I do realize it's lots easier to use frontal lighting which is great but those images have a different feel to them, if you know what I mean.
I do take all your feedback on board but thought it worthy of a discussion and don't want you to feel I asked for feedback and i'm throwing it back as I am no way doing that. I'm just giving you a bit of background on the image.

Gaz

Back