Critique Great Yorkshire Airshow Selection

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Having taken nearly all week to sort through my many hundred of shots, i have finally finished editing my shots from last weekends Great Yorkshire Airshow

Let me know what you think :)

1#

Spitfire Mk XI
by Richard Smith, on Flickr

2#

Dakota Douglas DC3

3#

Spitfire Mk XI

4#

De Havilland Venom

5#

Ferocious Frankie

6#

Global Stars

7#

Vulcan & Gnats

8#

Vulcan Farewell

It was certainly an emotional ending to the day when the Gnats flew a Missing Man Formation with the Vulcan to commemorate the loss of one of their pilots earlier in the year, and the fact this would be the last time many people would see the Vulcan fly, i know i had a very large lump in my throat, and the commentator did too by the sound of it

Very nice, I really like #1 simple but effective.

Really like the P51 and the Venom shots.

Yeah, the P51 was a favourite of mine too, and the sound that thing makes when it screams past is awesome

Very nice, I really like #1 simple but effective.

Cheers, it's the first time i've been to an air show at an airfield, so took the opportunity to get some static runway shots

I like the P51. It is a great pity we won't be able too get any more like the last one, magnificent beast.

Tis a great shame indeed, so glad i got to see her fly one last time, and to hear those 4 Rolls engines at full chat

some nice shots in there. The Vulcan/Gnats is nice with a lovely cloudscape backdrop. The first 2 are really odd crops, On 1 id either move the edge a little further from the prop on the left side or crop further in as with the other 3 sides and with the Dak shot id crop the tail and left hand (as we look) landing light out. Just my 2p worth.

Ben

some nice shots in there. The Vulcan/Gnats is nice with a lovely cloudscape backdrop. The first 2 are really odd crops, On 1 id either move the edge a little further from the prop on the left side or crop further in as with the other 3 sides and with the Dak shot id crop the tail and left hand (as we look) landing light out. Just my 2p worth.

Ben

Cheers for the comments, the first shot isn't actually a crop, but only having a 300mm on me it was about all i could get (ok, i could have taken the 1.4 TC off, but it was too much faff as i only shot it while waiting for my other half to grab a couple of drinks)

As for the Dakota, i had actually taken another shot very similar to the crop you describe, any better?

Dakota Douglas DC3

Last edited:
that looks much better to me Richard :clap:

Really like them all - my favourite is the Venom.

Back